Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
darknation

margaret thatcher goes to heaven.

Is she really died? If really, R.I.P Queen Elizabeth 2. She's one of the "boss" in HK(UK ruled HK before) I love, not Hu Jintao or Xi Jinping these motherfuckers in PRC.

Daiyu_Xiaoxiang said:

Is she really died? If really, R.I.P Queen Elizabeth 2. She's one of the "boss" in HK(UK ruled HK before) I love, not Hu Jintao or Xi Jinping these motherfuckers in PRC.

Whoever deciphers this post wins a prize.

Anyway, I can't say I'm particularly saddened by this, either. It's not in my nature to wish harm on anyone, but Thatcher made far too may cockups in her time.

DoomUK said:

Anyway, I can't say I'm particularly saddened by this. It's not in my nature to wish harm on anyone, but Thatcher made far too may cockups in her time.

Kicking Argentina's butt was probably one of her finer moments. Bet the Argentinians will have some sort of Party tonight.
She was the last tough prime minister we had, she did what she wanted and did not back down to anyone, and that at least should make us show some respect because frankly the attitude she had to the job has been lost ever since and we are left with what only could only be described as toothless and gutless politians who seem to live in a sea of sleaze and filth.
I think someone has misunderstood who has died here :P

So, she died (not to make light of her death though). Iron lady... More like Strap-on lady playing a man's game enforcing extreme right winged conservative ideals (from what I know at least).

Thankfully the Thatcher references in the Young Ones still remain funny.

Somehow, I'm not holding my breath for the usual post saying you should have respect for someone who just died regardless of what you thought of their life.

DoomUK said:
Daiyu_Xiaoxiang said:

He's saying that the British were better rulers of Hong Kong than the Chinese are.

Daiyu_Xiaoxiang said:

Is she really died? If really, R.I.P Queen Elizabeth 2.

Margaret Hilda Thatcher and Elizabeth Alexandra Mary Windsor are two different persons.

Queen Betty the Second is still alive as of the writing of this comment.

Phml said:

Somehow, I'm not holding my breath for the usual post saying you should have respect for someone who just died regardless of what you thought of their life.

She is a political figure that we will never see the like of again. Apparently a career in politics these days involves having your spine removed at the graduation ceremony before moving into your political career.

Just to clarify, I'm poking fun at people who usually pop up to say the above the second a single person dares bringing anything less than praises and warm feelings when the deceased is popular. I'm not making any statement one way or the other on Margaret Tchatcher.

At least she got to see the movie based on her political life before she passed on. Many Tories will weep today. I don't really care, we have enough current problems to deal with.

Casting call for The Iron Lady 2 zombie sequel, anyone?

Eris Falling said:

Just wait for the headline.

Yep, just searched up The Sun with a nice first page headline of "She changed Britain Forever." I thought it was past April Fool's day? Oh wait, this is a bias, Tory loving paper we're on about here.

Phml said:

Interesting comment on that:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/apr/08/margaret-thatcher-death-etiquette

She was always very popular in Scotland. She was deeply loved up here. We didn't mind being experimented on for the poll tax or the way she handled the miners strike or the closures of the shipyards. As a legacy, the Conservative party hold a healthy majority in almost every Scottish parliamentary seat.

alan moore will die of bliss tonight. stuart braithwaite will die of thirst, because he's too busy furiously retweeting every thatcher joke on the internet.

Enjay said:

She was always very popular in Scotland. She was deeply loved up here. We didn't mind being experimented on for the poll tax or the way she handled the miners strike or the closures of the shipyards. As a legacy, the Conservative party hold a healthy majority in almost every Scottish parliamentary seat.

Same over here in NI. We loved her too (well, about half of us did ...).

Cult-like admiration of dead leaders is a common feature of religion. The religion in this case being the mad one of economic globalism - the worship of Mammon.

Quasar said:

Cult-like admiration of dead leaders is a common feature of religion. The religion in this case being the mad one of economic globalism - the worship of Mammon.

Has gggmork hijacked your account?

DoomUK said:

Has gggmork hijacked your account?

The bizarre conservative view of the free market is very close to being theistic. Thatcher and Reagan's era is when economic globalism went full-throttle.

Springy said:

Yep, just searched up The Sun with a nice first page headline of "She changed Britain Forever." I thought it was past April Fool's day? Oh wait, this is a bias, Tory loving paper we're on about here.

Oh, I was expecting some sort of bad joke. I'm not sure on the political views of newspapers. Try page 3 instead.

Margaret Thatcher did what was needed to stop Britain falling into an irreversible decline, and played a significant part in the fall of communism and the ending of the Cold War.

Her failings in the late-1980s in domestic policy shouldn't obscure her achievements.

Grazza said:

...and played a significant part in the fall of communism and the ending of the Cold War.

Like the time she begged Gorbachev to prevent the Berlin wall from coming down? She can rot in Hell.