The Ultimate Doom
Doom II: Hell on Earth
Duke Nukem 3d Atomic Edition
One Unit Whole Blood
System Shock
Quake
Heretic
The 7th Guest
So if you are having trouble with any of these, I can more than likely help you. Free games, such as Quest For Hussein and Daggerfall, are not included on the list. If you are having trouble with a freeware or shareware game, please send me a link to that said game. If your game is not shareware or freeware, and it is not on the above list of games, you may still ask questions -- though the chances of receiving a helpful answer are considerably lower. If I can not answer a question, I will do my best to redirect you to someone that can.

You may ask any question relating to the game, even if you think it is something that is not possible in that game. For example, many people are unaware that auto-run and higher mouse sensitivities are available in Doom, so considering that person's level of ignorance, asking "is it possible to increase the mouse sensitivity in Doom" would, in that person's mind, be an absurd question. Absurd questions are welcome, so feel free to ask "how to get mouse induced freelook in System Shock" (sorry folks, not possible without mods).

When asking questions, please list:
what OS you are running, weather it is 32 or 64 bit
Your version of DOSBox (hopefully 0.74)
What version of the game you are running (e.g., Doom v1.2)
Link to game if it is freeware or shareware.
Anything relating to the problem (e.g., if it's a mouse problem, it would be appropriate to state the mouse being used, and what drivers it uses.)

[This post will be heavily edited in the near future to include directions on how to ask questions as well as other things such as what i can't help you with.]

Well-meaning but unnecessary thread. It's not like there's 30 "How do I into DOSBox?" threads being made every day, warranting a sticky of some sort. I'm sure this is divulged in the FAQ, anyway, not that I've ever read it in its entirety.

...And now I'll stop telling our venerable moderators how to run Doomworld.

How do you change CPU usage settings in Boxer (DOSBox port sugared for OSX)? I know that vanilla DOSBox saves a conf file in Library/Preferences and it's the same format as elsewhere. What about Boxer? I don't want to run Wolf3D like from a 486 computer.

I agree that this is a well-meaning but unnecessary thread. It's a nice idea but there isn't significant evidence of people on Doomworld struggling with DOSbox. If they are, other forums like VOGONS are probably a better source of experts on the subject. Perhaps you should register an account there and help people out.