Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
killer2

Help me out with running Sky May Be

Okay so I decided I want to have SMB in my collection once again, especially for the music. However, the installation program is fukt and won't work with my Win 7 x64. If anyone could upload and unpackaged .zip containing the wads required to play it I would be most greatful.

It's probably possible to run the installation program in DOSBox.

Well don't just snicker among yourselves, ya pair o' knee-biters, share with the rest of us!

Oh wait, I've got it, 'skymaybe.exe' is a self-extracting RAR archive. You can extract it with WinRAR. Zipping a RAR? Stupid, but no more stupid than calling a dehacked patch "The Blessed Engine". :)

Note that you still need to run deusf over the wad after you have extracted it, even if you are using it with a port (that includes choc with -merge). For some wads this is necessary. If you don't do that, you won't see the graphics as intended, even though the wad will be playable.

Grazza said:

Note that you still need to run deusf over the wad after you have extracted it, even if you are using it with a port (that includes choc with -merge). For some wads this is necessary. If you don't do that, you won't see the graphics as intended, even though the wad will be playable.

Umm...can you translate that to English? And...any idea why the Bfg replacement weapon does nothing, as opposed to what it's supposed to (in GZDoom, at least)?

EDIT:Curious, it actually works in prboom with complevel 1. Does anyone know how this gun works, and why ZDoom might fuck it up?

killer2 said:

Umm...can you translate that to English?

I think it's primarily a sprite issue, with the vanilla engine not being happy if you replace just a few sprites frames in a set. DeuSF gets around that by importing any missing frames from the IWAD, that's one of the tasks INSTALL.EXE takes care of - provided you can get it to run.

As for the Blessing Cannon, there's probably some subtle difference between DeHackEd patches for v1.666 and v1.9 of DOOM.EXE that ZDoom's stumbling over.