Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Memfis

luwp

I don't think it is that luck dependant (when I die I usually can tell what I did wrong) but it might be a good idea to learn the map with saves or study it in Doom Builder before demoing. Here is a crappy demo where I make a lot of mistakes and let the arch-viles resurrect tons of stuff but still manage to kill everything. I might change some minor stuff (maybe central rocks in the red key area could be made higher to make avoiding the arch-viles less annoying) but overall I feel like this map is fair for players like me.

In the interest of translating my previous post into something slightly more intelligible (I was under the influence of coffeelessness at the time), it's difficult to garner interest without posting screenshots, especially when the name is gibberish-y.

Here is a FDA : http://www.mediafire.com/?8xl1zwlfnwu20wm
I managed to get the Yellow key, and ragequitted minutes later after dying at the Red key fight. Maybe I wasted too many Cells before these two damn Viles.

From what I saw, this is a very good map. :)
Quite nasty, too, but of course we've seen worse by now.
You put some of the rarely seen SiH monsters to good use ( I'm thinking of the Poison Souls here ). Pretty cool. :)

Edit : I've noticed some minor texture misalignments though, on some brown rocks near the Yellow key, on grey rocks where the Berserk pack is, and on some grey bricks where you get the Super Shotgun.

You are very good at FDAs, I'm still impressed by your adventures on skepland map01, the map that made me feel so powerless. This time you played well too, thanks for an enjoyable demo. Indeed the red key fight depends a lot on whether you have some cells/rockets or not. I'll probably place some in that area.

Yeah, poison souls are surprisingly rare in SiH (I think they appear only on one or two levels?). What's interesting about them is that they don't have a "preparing to attack" animation so you need to be constantly moving when they are nearby. It would be annoying to fight a lot of monsters like that but if it's just one then it's pretty fun.

I'm quite lazy about horizontal alignment since it doesn't bother me too much but I'll try to fix the places that you mentioned.

2Xaser: I understand, but I think I like presenting my wads in a modest fashion now. Not seeking attention, not trying to convince anyone to take a look, just mapping for my enjoyment and sharing stuff I made with others because why not. Also this way there will be no false expectations, people can just start playing the map and form their own opinion without me telling them what to think about it, what I was aiming for, etc. And most people who choose what wad to play based on the screenshots will probably dislike it anyway due to the high difficulty! :)

You're right, some additional cell packs and rockets will make the action more varied. I'll add a few. And while not the best, your demo is still faster than my crappy max. :)