Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

heya. my name is intel_man01, and i wanted to ask you doomworld forum guys if any of you have any big city maps (or know someone who does, kind of like the ones in Batmandoom). like , you know, cities and huge things like that. we currently need it for the resident evil uleashed episode 1 conversion/tc. can anybody help me?

Find cod1-11.wad (should be on the 3dgamers ftp thingy) and play map 2

as for "borrowing" it for your own TC,umm,ask the maker

Make your own maps, no one likes playing TCs that use nothing but recycled maps.

good idea to make my own maps, but i am not the level designer for the team. currently no one is, and making it is too difficult for me, or the others working on it. maybe some of you would like to help us [the doom gods] make maps for it. we need big city ones [not old ones either], ya know, like the oldie 94-95 maps. we need new ones and with new graphics. corbachu insisted that we not use maps [like duke nukem maps other people have done]. we need new and fresh ones. anyone wanna help? cause i understand what archivile64 said about playing recycled maps. we are currently using the Edge 1.27 graphic engine and need professional help on the tc.
please?

also, i want to say sorry, or corbachu wanted to say 'sorry' for not releasing the reu public test yet. we just are not ready to release it. actually, the real reason is that we couldn't throw it together quick enough. we had a million zillion bugs and the levels [there was 4 of them] weren't finalized for edge effects and the new creatures, marines, chris redfield, duke, and others including the new weapons. we are currently pondering if we shuld by the deepsea editor and learn it ourselves. um, we are sorry, and it would've been released a week ago but damn Yahoo! e-mail supporting and attaching files and stuff has been a reck. for anybody who signup for the test, we are greatly sorry, and it still isn't realeased. anyone want to help us with it? and what e-mail is stable enough to attach 2 meg files without it having to be their litterally for 3 hours.
it sucks.
back to topic...

Yeah, she has a point.
The Yahoo! attachments link wouldn't run fast enough, so we didn't get it to anybody. We are half-way done to fixing the problems, including a new e-mail adress and attachment system. We also had team members come and leave, so we are in a tough position. So far, we have 3 team members, excluding intel_man01.
But I should've told Doomworld on the main news page, but I was afraid that it would make this the kind of thing Daikatana was. Overly-hyped. But note, we haven't stopped work. Many things have been done to it, and those shit screenshots on the page are shit. A team member of ours put them up on there before the server went down, and apparently the team member [name cut] felt that we should suffer. I mean come on! The big pic of Chris and Zombie Dog is TOTALLY FAKE! Once we get the server up, the uploading part, Intel_Man01 will post some new 100% REAL screenshots (actually, everthing except the big pic is real], and Dark_Photon will update the page often. We now have a messageboard on the site so any comments, suggestions, etc. should be posted there, rather than e-mailing them to me or D_P.
Anyways, getting that out of the way, the public test will be open next week, if we are lucky.
Yeah, and I removed my old signature. Many things have happened from then to now, and I learned my lessons.
Any suggestions to her [intel_man01's] post?

Hah, "The Doom Gods" don't even have a level designer :P

Doom gods? Anders must be one of the greatest oldschool level designers around.

We DO have a level designer, but he doesn't know anything major. I mean, come on! Just because I am in a team, don't criticize it. Don't judge it from its cover.
I thought we all got over this. :)

Anyways, we have a level designer, but we need one that has worked on past projects.
You wont be dissapointed in the Test. Sign up for it!
At least you guys show interest in this mod. Other guys on other pages about Doom and Resident Evil think it sucks becuase it's on the Doom/Edge engine, and not on the Half-life or Quake 3 engines.
Tell me something, does graphics really matter in a game to make it good?

Corbinchu said:

At least you guys show interest in this mod.
Tell me something, does graphics really matter in a game to make it good?

Nah, honestly and personally, I lack of interest in mods, especially making them.

No. Graphics always come in second. Gameplay > Graphics. Period. End of my comments. 0WNT!

Archvile46: let it go :)

Game play is number one.

Graphics are nice but not as important. I do prefer the ports for added clarity. They can improve a marginal wad to the point that it might just be fun.

Yep gameplay is numero uno!The problem is if your map doesn't look half decent no one will play it.I just spent 5 months on a map majoring on gameplay but nobody wants to know because the puzzles take more than a minute to solve and it has no real 'eye-candy.

Erik said:

puzzles? /me shudders

Yep,I'm just finding out that I'm the only one who likes them,damn.Oh well,no puzzles from now on.

Puzzles are only good if they're not excessively hard and you don't absolutely need them to complete the level, IMO. Although, I really don't mind the occaisional puzzle.

theres been a few wads on my doom cds where the maker uses old classic wads like cobra1.wad cobra2.wad cobra3.wad newwad1 - 10.wad wappak1 - 3.wad