Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Technician

Shit Explodes in Texas

Thanks, asshole. I thought it was the THIRTIETH anniversary of Waco and I read further to discover it's only the TWENTIETH anniversary. I cared before but certainly not now. What a waste of a thread. Wake me in ten years.

Is it actually confirmed to be a bomb? In a fertilizer plant it could be a spontaneous dust-air explosion, like the way grain silos can suddenly explode.

I'm from Texas. I was just watching this on the news. Shit looks like the apocalypse. Tragic things like this happen so often that I can't even sympathize anymore, I just stare in amazement and wonder how it's going to turn out.

Must have been one hell of a meth lab!

But seriously, what the fuck is going on

[edit]Also what the fuck, that Fox link says "60 to 70 people dead, hundreds more injuried," while other pages seem to say around 60-70 people injured and no known casualties. Way to go Fox.

neubejiita said:

http://www.kwkt.com/news/caught-camera-fertilizer-plant-explosion-near-waco

Here is a video, you can see something coming down from the sky just before the blast. maybe a cruise missile.

Oh come on, any idiot can see that that's a fucking Garbatron death ray fired by an alien tripod (which just HAPPENS to be standing out of frame, coincidence, I think NOT), and the aliens were paid off by our government to blow up the fertilizer factory in order to cause a massive fertilizer shortage in the US so that the government could justify invading Saudi Arabia, for it's rich fertilizer deposits.

That was one huge fireball. No one just walks away from that unscathed...

And what the hell made that ammonia leak?

Woolie Wool said:
In a fertilizer plant it could be a spontaneous dust-air explosion, like the way grain silos can suddenly explode.

Perhaps, although considering the Waco Davidians were gun possession proponents, and with the recent gun control law initiatives, the context leaves room for this to have been triggered on purpose. One could suspect it an easy, spectacular and deadly target delivering real and symbolic responses to the Waco siege and anti-gun laws without leaving much evidence.

TBH, anti-gun-control proponents have a point: in both the Boston marathon and the Texas plant explosion, no guns were used or otherwise involved.

Mr. T said:

Well, those were used only after the actual attack to evade arrest, in a way not very different than common crime cases, so they don't "count".

As much as the public opinion seems to get all butthurt and sore about gun possession when it's about school shootings, disgruntled employees, etc. , for some reason the very same public opinion has an indifferent, almost fatalist attitude towards guns in the hands of common criminals and gangsters.

Maes said:

for some reason the very same public opinion has an indifferent, almost fatalist attitude towards guns in the hands of common criminals and gangsters.

The public should have a defeatist attitude about guns in the hands of criminals.

AndrewB said:

The public should have a defeatist attitude about guns in the hands of criminals.

??? Please explain.

DoomUK said:

Another day, another gun thread on DoomGunControlWorld.

Ironically, an outsider might consider people who play a game that's all about shooting demons with an array of weaponry and which was single-handedly "charged" with inspiring the Columbine massacre to be all unconditional gun nuts. If only they knew....heh.

I personally always thought that people who play an FPS such as Doom have a technical or hobby interest in guns, or at least a sort of respect/awe for the "cool" factor, and certainly none of these gun-control qualms.