Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TimeOfDeath

Slaughterfest 2012 - NEW Final Final Version is up

I guess you can compile D, and then we'll just wait off until we get a word from GoS. Besides map 1 it'd safe to record on, so it'd be sort of final version. I don't know, none said a word regarding swapping some maps, so it's up to you if you feel like it. Textfile can be put together after we get leftover graphic stuff that's being awaited.

I think the map slots are fine. I prefer map20/22 the way they are. I think map20 has more of an end of episode type feel IMHO. As for 25/27 they are so late on it doesn't really matter. Even if map25 is one of the hardest maps.

I just sorted everything by upscaling difficulty, so if I somehow managed to invoke an episodic feel, it's just weird coincidence. I felt 20 is notably more difficult that 21 and 22 and and the same thing with 25. As I said, it's just a suggestion.

C'mon, put D together so demo freaks can get busy. That is, add new versions of 5, 18, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 29, 35.

I probably won't be around much until summer as I'm getting busy with annoying uni crap, so somebody would have to volunteer for bumping from time to time. :p

My bad for the delay, there was an ice storm late Thursday/early Friday that knocked trees over and the power's been out until this afternoon. I'll put out version D soon!

New Version of Warborn: Warborn-R1

- Fixed the unreachable secret
- Fixed a misplaced SKY flat
- Added more monsters to the final arena

FINAL VERSION D: SF2012d.zip

+ 19: coop fixes
+ 23: coop fixes
+ 29: coop fixes
- 35: map removed
+ 20: new version
+ 22: new version
+ 05: new version
+ 18: new version
+ 24: new version
+ 25: new version
+ 21: new version
+ 28: new version

to do: add new version of MAP11 Warborn, Rayzik's post above this one
to do: add Grain of Salt graphics

MAP35 was removed because I forgot it uses the KeenDie codepointer on the cybers. When all the cybers are dead, the bars unblock the chainsaw with tag666. But some of the other maps use tag666, so I didn't want to potentially screw up those maps.

Lastly, I'm stepping down as compiler. It's mid-April 2013 and I want to focus on music and another SF2013 map. I don't want to work on this project any more. But it was fun and thanks to everyone for working on it. Someone else can compile the final version.

thanks for all the work ToD, I'll volunteer to compile the final version if that's cool with everyone.

All in favor say "ribbit" for ribbiks, at least if grazza approves of frogs, since you never know what will be arbitrarily sent to post hell. I know penis fish are allowed so maybe we should say "ribbit penis" instead. Ribbit penis!

TimeOfDeath said:

MAP35 was removed because I forgot it uses the KeenDie codepointer on the cybers. When all the cybers are dead, the bars unblock the chainsaw with tag666. But some of the other maps use tag666, so I didn't want to potentially screw up those maps.

Hm, I didn't notice issues with tag 666 in other maps. I know map 11 has them but it works fine.

Also, can somebody do a quick D-plus version which just inserts new map 11?

Yeah, the keendie cyber dehacked was never added to the sf2012 dehacked, so map35 has always been bugged with the chainsaw bars never opening.

That's a rather trivial matter because of which to drop map. There are only 4 somewhat unfitting keens at the end of map 11 if I remember correctly, so it should do no harm if cyber dehacked is added and those keens in map 11 get replaced by switches. That is, unless I'm missing something.

Well the keens open up the exit bars for map11, finding an alternative (4 switches, voodoo doll stuff) shouldn't be to difficult to implement.

I just removed 35 to be on the safe side, but I'll definitely re-submit it if there aren't tag666 issues with other maps.

I found tag666 in 07, 11, 29, 32, 35. The only map that has a problem with cybers activating tag666 is map11 (all the other maps have cybers after the tag666 door, so you can't kill all the cybers and prematurely activate tag666).

An easy fix for 11 would be to change the zombieman at the exit behind the tag666 door to a cyber, but that would ruin the joke of the weakest monster being released after killing the keens. I don't know how Rayzik would feel about that. Or maybe keep the zombieman and have a cyber teleport into the exit room when you walk through the tag666 door.

Also, hopefully adding the cyber keendie dehacked won't desync any already-made demos. Because now whenever all cybers are dead in any map, it will look for tag666, even though most maps don't have it. But on the maps that do have it, the tag666 door will open again. I'll do some tests.

Here's final version of map35 with coop fixes and updated dehacked with keendie cybers: SF12_map35.zip

Demos don't seem to desync with the updated dehacked. But, you can open the tag666 door in map11 before killing the keens.

Good too see Version D up. Is this the complete final version? There seems to be a discussion that seems to hint at some more improvements. From what I've played of it so far, I prefer it to 2011.

I could just replace the keens with switches instead. They really don't do anything different.

It's up to you, Rayzik. With the new dehacked, the exit door will open when you kill all the keens or when you kill all the cybers. There's nothing wrong with the map, it's just that I know the exit door opening after all the cybers are killed wasn't intended.

clutch RL grab, also you found my so-secret-it's-not-even-marked-secret megasphere :), which is adjacent to the super-double-secret-probation-full-retard secret.

also nice zip name, mmx4 ost is pretty awesome

A'ight, after inserting 11 and 35 to final wad, it should be pretty much safe to record on except for map 1.

yah I'll throw it together today, I'm gonna dig through this thread and look for people's textfiles so I can put that together aswell

MAP28 in version D (Slaughtenstein) is full of gigantic HOMs in the sky, especially on the east side of the map, and there is a big invisible wall across the north-east exterior section. I think when it had a reject map made, it also mistakenly had its nodes rebuilt, but it's too big for normal nodes and needs ZDBSP extended nodes.

I think you need to build it first with zdbsp (or revert to the copy of the map from version C) and then make its reject map with zennode -n- -b- -rg to prevent zennode from touching the existing node lumps.

ahh I thought that's what I did but I must've botched the zennode parameters. I'll fix that aswell, thanks!

my textfile is the last post on page 36 btw as I added all the correct music and added additional credits to map01

FINAL VERSION D+: SF2012d+.zip

- Map 11 Updated
- Map 28 Nodes Rebuilt
- Map 35 Re-Added
- Textfile compiled, if you want something changed or added, post it. Stuff in the top section will be updated before this gets idgames'd