Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
valkiriforce

An Idgames Troll Walks Into A Bar...

HOLY SHIITE MUSLIM

OK, where do I begin with this map? It feels empty, I found that wandering around doesn't help much to start with. Apparently I was supposed to go into the "Idgames" pub or something. Also, what is this symbol?

At least it looks kinda cool, but the room it was in was pointless to begin with, and I had no idea what that switch I hit did. Seriously, are you ever going to get over this, valkiriforce?

The TV only has one channel; apparently it's about being blown back to hell.

This was a long, boring section...

All in all, I think this level needs a bit more work before uploading to idgames. Although I can't say I'll play any "updated" versions of your map, because I didn't enjoy the first experience to begin wi-oh wait a minute, I didn't even post my map yet!

Download

I miss my haters...

valkiriforce said:

HOLY SHIITE MUSLIM

In a bar? I thought they were supposed to be teetotal.

Also, what is this symbol?

Looks a bit like a three-masted ship under full sail.

This is dated 2013. You fight 94 baddies in a dimly lit city where queen Gamma Correctia IV is your only friend. It feels very flat: you never really get to jump from building to building, all action takes place on the ground level. There is only one part with vertical gameplay and it's pure bullshit: you take a lift and ride to the top. You are greeted by 3 revenants so you make one SSG shot and jump down because there are no other ways to hide. And you have to repeat this several times. There is also an annoying trap where you press a switch and 16 imps instantly appear around you. Unless you have plasmagun selected, you're toast. The rest is tolerable: nothing exciting but you get a lot of monsters and stuff to kill them with. The blue switch building is technically just a simple corridor BUT it's mindless slaughter = good.

fda

Fun little map.

Memfis said:

You are greeted by 3 revenants so you make one SSG shot and jump down because there are no other ways to hide. And you have to repeat this several times.

This part was a bit 'wat' though. At this point I actually had the plasma gun, though, so I just kind of had to focus fire a single revenant, hope a projectile didn't fry me, hop down, and rinse/repeat. I was using ZDoom + Mouselook and at at least one point I impulsively looked up and cheated a lil' bit. :3

Much better hehe. Nice surprise and a fun fight.
btw in prboom+ there is an ugly slime trail right at the beginning, this happens sometimes when player start is placed exatly on a vertex.