Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Technician

Duke Nukem Forever 3D - Now Available!

Doomhuntress said:

if this is an Aprils Fools joke i'm gonna be legit saddened.

If it's a joke, the creators are still rolling with it six days later. I saw this day one and thought the same, but there is still talk about a release with new screenshots being added.

It would be very appropriate, though, if they did just release tidbits of new content and never release the mod, much like Forever.

InsanityBringer said:

it apparently is a joke, though from the sounds of things it's something that's going to actually get released.

Only time will tell, though.

Judging by the rest of the thread, the answer saying it was a joke was sarcasm (along the lines of "yeah right, because spending six months making a joke would be worth it") and there is a mod. The fact that the thread deteriorates into a models versus sprites and a modder's right to have their mod played the way they want versus a player wanting to play it a different way backs up the realness of the mod.

Funny, I'm sure I've seen arguments like that somewhere else though...

it feels like far too much work for being a simple joke, really, and it's about a touchy subject, as well (the 'good' version of Duke Nukem Forever that never went to be anything than a promising trailer). of course, they could just release the mod and people will find out it's a joke, but with all of those custom-made sprites and stuff... who in their right mind would waste all that time and effort just for the sake of giving the middle finger to Duke Nukem fans?

Doomhuntress said:

who in their right mind would waste all that time and effort just for the sake of giving the middle finger to Duke Nukem fans?

George Broussard?

I think most of that trailer is from the 2006 or 2003 trailer. Gearbox.... releasing games 6+ years too late.

geo said:

I think most of that trailer is from the 2006 or 2003 trailer. Gearbox.... releasing games 6+ years too late.

The trailer is a shot for shot remake of the 2001 trailer.

Technician said:

The trailer is a shot for shot remake of the 2001 trailer.

That's the game I always wanted, so this is pretty rad if it's for real. Chances are I won't be able to play it, though, with the non-Atomic Edition disk I found in my cousin's hand-me-downs.

caco_killer said:

Just buy it from GOG. Its only $6.

It was even free a little while ago for a limited period.

A.Gamma said:

Been playing it for a few hours, could use improvements on some areas, but the levels are generally fun to play(though linear).

Isn't that all we really wanted from Duke Nukem Forever?

BUT...

DOES THIS MOD HAVE LESBIAN TWINS AND LAP DANCES AND POOP THROWING MECHANICS AND POOP PHYSICS??

DOES IT? DOES IT??

Porting an unwelcomed reboot which was mislabelled as a sequel into the engine of a perfectly welcomed predecessor?!?
Two wrongs don't make a right. That's all I have to say.
I just want to see the Rise Of The Triad remake. Now that would truly be a welcomed something.

188DarkRevived said:

Porting an unwelcomed reboot which was mislabelled as a sequel into the engine of a perfectly welcomed predecessor?!?
Two wrongs don't make a right. That's all I have to say.
I just want to see the Rise Of The Triad remake. Now that would truly be a welcomed something.

What? Duke Nukem Forever wasn't a reboot, it takes place years after the events of Duke 3D.

Also, play the damn mod.

This mod is to Duke Nukem what Brutal Doom is to doom: Overrated.

Well, thinking better I'm being unfair, Brutal Doom at least deserves the recognition despite not being my cup of tea.

Cool I guess.....but personally never liked Duke.....admittedly never played much of the game.

I just find it rather....dull :(

I just finished playing through this. I enjoyed it, even more so than Duke Nukem 3D, oddly enough. I still haven't completed DN3D yet.

LkMax said:

This mod is to Duke Nukem what Brutal Doom is to doom: Overrated.

Well, thinking better I'm being unfair, Brutal Doom at least deserves the recognition despite not being my cup of tea.

It's hilarious, we got exact opposites between here and the duke4 forums.