Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fulgrim

Aliens: Colonial Marines Draws False Advertising Lawsuit

Technician said:

This will fall through. I'm sure someone has tried this already with a bad film.

What film?

Tuxlar said:

What film?

He's not saying it's definitely been done he's saying that chances are it's possibly been done in the film industry. Probably with the Postal film no doubt.

geo said:

I wouldn't know since I only rented the game and beat it for $6. I'm so happy with that :-)

Well, I bought ACM - the Collector's edition with the powerloader figurine and all of the extras. Had I actually paid more than £20 for it I might have been annoyed :P

I guess patience really is a virtue, heh.

Springy said:

He's not saying it's definitely been done he's saying that chances are it's possibly been done in the film industry. Probably with the Postal film no doubt.

I'm pretty sure the Postal movie was accurately advertised, and ended up pretty similar to the games: pointlessly vulgar and offensive with a rough low-budget feel. And yes, I do own it on Blu-Ray. It came with the PC version of Postal 2.

Um, we were promised that the demos featured actual gameplay footage. They clearly did not. I thought it had been pretty much established that showing pre-rendered footage and calling it gameplay was illegal.

It's entirely possible that the demo was in-game footage, and post-processing and cutscenes were later removed to keep the game running smoothly.

Bucket said:

post-processing and cutscenes were later removed to keep the game running smoothly.

Why would they have to remove that stuff completely when they can just make them activatable/deactivatable in the settings?

I could dream up a bunch of reasons.
Maybe licensing fell through for the engine they were using and they had to go with a cheaper option. Maybe it had less-than-satisfactory performance in the QA phase. Maybe it was sterilized for multiplatform support.