Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Anima Zero

Slaughterfest 2012 demos [-complevel 9]

I'm pretty sure Phml edited the map a couple times after the demo was made.

But if you could upload the demo and the version of Slaughtenstein you used, I think Andy would add it to dsda.

EDIT: here's Ancalagon's post, apparently it was version 18/02

Ancalagon said:

Map07 Max in 9:58

Awesome demo, and special thanks for the opportunity to learn everything about this map without playing it myself.

It turns out final version of map 11 was (mistakely) not placed in final wad so disregard recording it for the moment as well.

Demonologist said:

Map08 max in 10:54

heh wow, I'm very slow at this game it would seem.

Anyways, here's map21 in 7:22

it's the first exit where I didn't have to wander around the map looking for stragglers, so maybe it's a half-decent time.

sf12_21_722.zip

I'm still iffy to record on something that's not officially finished yet due to potential demo desync. Haven't bothered watching any yet either. We're waiting for... removal of the infinite bfg chainsaw sound or something? I just felt like complaining about something if you can make any sense of this post.

@Ribbiks: I'm both slow and lazy, a killer combination. This map could be easily made under 10 mins with more effort put into it and less fooling around (it still makes me laugh how I kept forgetting to pick up various stuff in time there, my only excuse is that I was already feeling pretty upset). Besides, it was your demo that inspired me to record mine.
And now I'm just waiting for someone to make a decent demo of this map.

@gggmork: there're only 3-4 maps that aren't finalized yet, so it's safe to record for the majority of maps afaik.

gggmork said:

I'm still iffy to record on something that's not officially finished yet due to potential demo desync. Haven't bothered watching any yet either. We're waiting for... removal of the infinite bfg chainsaw sound or something? I just felt like complaining about something if you can make any sense of this post.

Map 1 edits, map 30 edits, title/interpic and superfluous dehacked stuff, to be precise. Feel free to record anything but 1, 30 and 11 meanwhile.

This is the level of perfection I alongside with my fucked-up-vodka-saturated nerve system will hardly reach in the nearest future, a pleasure to watch. But - you could've spared some more seconds if you wouldn't run for a soulsphere before the final battle.

Demonologist said:

you could've spared some more seconds if you wouldn't run for a soulsphere before the final battle.

Died at that battle many times, I just wanted to save mega for later use but accidetally took it while getting rockets :/

2 max 5:05

I used glb+ 2.5.1.3, just in case it would have been overlooked since I haven't bothered to update it in, like, 2 years.

E: Uhhhhhhhhh, I actually haven't written it in txt at all. :o

sf1202-505.zip

MAP16 pacifist attempt. Died at the end.
There's actually no need to get the keys. Right jump from higher platform can make you skip the switch, but it's too hard for pacifist.
Sub 4 mins are possible, I suppose.

sf1216-fail.zip

MAP16 UV-Pacifist in 3:29

Finally... I wasn't thinking that I could go through that. And the end is rather strange for me.

sf1216-329.zip

Map 33 max in 2:29, first exit. Yeah, I'm kinda nuts. Tried to improve right away but ran out of luck, so the second exit turned out to be even slower than this despite the great start and more aggressive approach. Came to a conclusion that opening all revs right after collecting keys won't make things much faster for me. So, I'm leaving it as is so far.

sf1233-229.zip

Vote sf2012d+ for worst wad ever, it makes people quit Doom.

I'll own up to 4/35th of the blame. :(

Edit: just kidding, just kidding! You all rock.

@Phml: I've seen far worse. Besides, your 'blame' is questionable since your maps are one of the best in the whole set (well, at least 2 of them I played thoroughly). And I don't see a reason why anyone should blame himself because of another person's tastes and opinions, the only thing that matters is one's self-awareness. If you're happy with the result - anything else is trivial.

8:22 uvmax on 8. Sigh, could've probably beat ancalagon's time if I didn't have to rocket both cybers. A fatcubus got all up in my way, the bfg's safety was accidentally on preventing me from shooting a vile, and a hell knight tried his best to go and hide while I was rocketing the first cyber to prevent me from getting max.

sf2012d+-8-822-uvmax-cl9-ggg.zip

gggmork said:

8:22 uvmax on 8

Very decisive demo, breathtaking!

Well, uh... It's pretty boring here and I've got nothing else to do, so - I'm back on track. Yeah, yeah, I know what y'all think about me now but... I should stop speaking instead of some good thinking and considering all options, even though it could be hard for a man of mood like myself. Sorry for the unneeded crap in this thread. New .lmp shit coming soon.