Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Zaldron

Doom3's Booth

I hate that logo more and more. I hope it's not the final one.

orion said:

I hate that logo more and more. I hope it's not the final one.

Uhh I think it's pretty obvious already...

I like that logo, it rules!

Here is what the article contains, BTW...

E3 is upon us, and perhaps no game is attracting more attention than DOOM III, which will be showcased prominently during this week's expo in Los Angeles. Over the next few days, GameSpy.com will give you an exclusive first look at DOOM III, including a behind-the-scenes tour of the DOOM III booth, interviews with the team, and a series of exclusive features you won't find anywhere else.

On Wednesday, May 22, we'll bring you a first look at DOOM III and a behind-the-scenes look at the DOOM III booth, including a full tour from inside the booth. You won't find photos of this anywhere else! We'll also be talking to members of id Software about what will be shown off -- it'll be just like being there!

On Wednesday afternoon, we'll have the exclusive premiere of "DOOM: The Legacy" -- a 7-minute movie on the history of DOOM, featuring clips from DOOM III and interviews with members of id Software. This is the same movie you'll be able to see on the show floor at E3 -- and the only official footage of DOOM III released to date.

On Thursday and Friday, our coverage will continue with interviews with members of id Software, talking about the show and, of course, DOOM III. With it, you can also expect lots more pictures from the booth, and maybe even a few more surprises that only could happen at E3.

Stay tuned to GameSpy's E3 coverage, as you'll be the FIRST to see the game outside of the show floor and see what id Software has in store for the sequel. To help get you excited, take a look at these pictures of the booth, still under construction -- it's going to be HUGE!

SWEET ASS LOGO!!!!!

Check out this booth!. Note the Dell computer box...

GAME STATS

While not much is known about the third title in the famous DOOM series, we do know that this next game from id will feature incredible engine technology using the latest in 3D graphic card architecture, and an atmosphere even more frightening than the original that started it all, DOOM.

Game Info
Developer id Software
Publisher Activision
Genre Action, Shooters
GameSpy Score N/A
Release Date TBA
Multiplayer Up to 32 players over LAN or the Internet

Supposed screenshot!!

maybe the reason why I hate it soo much is because it doesn't look like it fits in with the new game's feel. Atleast from what I've seen up till now.

The whole feel of the logo is vintage and old skool doom. The new logo should have cyan and black in it IMHO. And just like the game it should feel more new than old, because after all, doom 3 is more of a new game than a sequel to the original dooms.

thank you BBG, after all the rest of us are inacapable of clicking the link ourselves. Or going on google and looking up "doom 3" images and finding that piece of shit. You are the most important memeber, you are, you are.

Dark-tenshi said:

i`m not sure that they start hype machine too early or not

What hype machine? Id is doing the smart thing by NOT releasing tons of info on Doom 3. Why is this smart? Not only does it allow them to put in what they want, it also lets them be able to remove things they can't put in without letting down the fans. It also keeps players tantilized, waiting and speculating, like we do here. If id shot off at the mouth a lot about Doom 3, and then half the stuff they mentioned didn't show up, fans would feel let down. By keeping the Doom 3 info under tight wraps, it lets id take complete creative control over the project without fear of letting the players down by promising them features that they cannot provide.

bigbadgangsta said:

What hype machine? Id is doing the smart thing by NOT releasing tons of info on Doom 3. Why is this smart? Not only does it allow them to put in what they want, it also lets them be able to remove things they can't put in without letting down the fans. It also keeps players tantilized, waiting and speculating, like we do here. If id shot off at the mouth a lot about Doom 3, and then half the stuff they mentioned didn't show up, fans would feel let down. By keeping the Doom 3 info under tight wraps, it lets id take complete creative control over the project without fear of letting the players down by promising them features that they cannot provide.

DID YOU EVEN READ ANY OF THE SHIT YOU QUOTED?

I find it amazing that Gamespy STILL hosts that pic as a real screenshot.

THESE PEOPLE GET PAID FOR GODS SAKE.

orion said:

DID YOU EVEN READ ANY OF THE SHIT YOU QUOTED?

Dude, I must have read it wrong! I'M SORRY I'M NOT A PERFECT LITTLE DRUGGIE LIKE YOU ORION!!!!

bigbadgangsta said:

Dude, I must have read it wrong! I'M SORRY I'M NOT A PERFECT LITTLE DRUGGIE LIKE YOU ORION!!!!

and that's why you got my mooses antlers on your head. =P

orion said:

and that's why you got my mooses antlers on your head. =P

AH! GET 'EM OFF! Now, I would like to speculate about the Multiplayer info that I posted from GameSpy...

Multiplayer Up to 32 players over LAN or the Internet

I thought Doom 3 was going to be single player focused...does this mean ID is going to have some DM levels with Doom 3, or will players have to search for their victims in the huge Doom 3 levels (come on, you KNOW they are going to be huge...)? How will this affect DM? HOW WILL 56KERS PLAY DOOM 3 OVER THE INTERWEB!!!???

bigbadgangsta said:

I thought Doom 3 was going to be single player focused...does this mean ID is going to have some DM levels with Doom 3, or will players have to search for their victims in the huge Doom 3 levels (come on, you KNOW they are going to be huge...)? How will this affect DM? HOW WILL 56KERS PLAY DOOM 3 OVER THE INTERWEB!!!???

They never said it was only SP, I never really doubted there would be some form of MP. I'd assume most people expected it too. And if the SP maps aren't good for MP, they'll make some MP maps only, half life did that.

orion said:

They never said it was only SP, I never really doubted there would be some form of MP. I'd assume most people expected it too. And if the SP maps aren't good for MP, they'll make some MP maps only, half life did that.

HALF-LIFE IS TEH EVAL!!!!

bigbadgangsta said:

HALF-LIFE IS TEH EVAL!!!!

I didn't like it either, but it was revolutionary, and it will be remembered in gaming history, and I guess that's what the people at iD are going for. Shit, that's what most companies are going for. But then there are the creators of Serious Sam.

orion said:

I didn't like it either, but it was revolutionary, and it will be remembered in gaming history, and I guess that's what the people at iD are going for. Shit, that's what most companies are going for. But then there are the creators of Serious Sam.

Actually, ROTT was more revolutionary than HL. ROTT was the first game to have CTF, jumping, jump-pads, freelook, among other things...

bigbadgangsta said:

Actually, ROTT was more revolutionary than HL. ROTT was the first game to have CTF, jumping, jump-pads, freelook, among other things...

true, but they're not as breakthrough as Half Life's way of developing the story throughout the game.

orion said:

true, but they're not as breakthrough as Half Life's way of developing the story throughout the game.

Um...STRIFE anyone?

bigbadgangsta said:

Um...STRIFE anyone?

oh shit... I forgot about good ol strife. Then why the hell was half life such a big ass thing labeled as the best game since doom?

orion said:

oh shit... I forgot about good ol strife. Then why the hell was half life such a big ass thing labeled as the best game since doom?

Because Strife was greatly overlooked by the gaming community

bigbadgangsta said:

Because Strife was greatly overlooked by the gaming community

I'd imagine a game made in what? 98 or something that's developed on the quake 1 engine from back then an unheard company would be more overlooked. But the industry is wierd like that.

Zaldron said:

Check Strife's release date and you'll understand.

yeah but still, wouldn't companies like gamespy remember strife and not call half life revolutionary? It's a shame. It's a shame I realised this now, I mean I played both games but it never came to me that strife did it first.

Strife also had 2 endings, you could talk to characters, you earned better stats and gold, a great inventory system, as well as a great plot and tons of action!

But the execution was shitty...

The project felt totally out of place. And for a game that attempts to be inmersive, it probably has some of the worst graphics and sounds for a commercial Doom-engined game.

Zaldron said:

But the execution was shitty...

The project felt totally out of place. And for a game that attempts to be inmersive, it probably has some of the worst graphics and sounds for a commercial Doom-engined game.

OH NO! THE GRAPHICS ARE NOT PRETTY AND THE SOUND ISN'T 1337455! Dude, I paid more attention to the PLOT than to the graphics and sound...

bigbadgangsta farted:
OH NO! THE GRAPHICS ARE NOT PRETTY AND THE SOUND ISN'T 1337455! Dude, I paid more attention to the PLOT than to the graphics and sound...

God fucking damn, that's not what I meant you moron. For a game that tries to suck you in, it fails miserably because graphics, levels and sound were utter shit. NPCs, inventory, plot and all that stuff doesn't work in a FPS when you're rivaling with levels just a notch above Wolf3D's.

Now now children, let's play nice.

On Wednesday afternoon, we'll have the exclusive premiere of "DOOM: The Legacy" -- a 7-minute movie on the history of DOOM, featuring clips of DOOM III and interviews with members of id Software. This is the same movie you'll be able to see on the show floor at E3 -- and the only official footage of DOOM III released to date.

I think the word we're looking for here is "Massive Bodily Implosion Due To Over-Excitement". Funnily enough, I haven't felt this kind of excitement about a game since when I finally bought the full version of Doom 1 and was driving home, wondering what could possibly be in Episode 2&3 that wasn't already in the first.

Oh, and did anyone catch the Matrix: Reloaded teaser ? I know, the first movie had its faults, but this one looks ace. 2003 is going to be a year to remember.