Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Reisal

Metro: Last Light wants $5 for Ranger mode as preorder bonus

Who likes paying an extra $5 for the hardcore mode and if you only preorder? I sure as hell don't.

That's pretty lulz. I'll be renting it, so of course I'll be unaffected by it despite being in the demographic that they wish to discourage.

I still have the free key from a bit ago...dunno if it'll work. Hey, at least they're telling you "suck our DLC"

The game will be $5 soon enough if not free with a FB like.

That's a damned shame. I enjoyed Metro 2033 (I swear, I think I was the only one) for its brutal and unfair difficulty. I went to buy this game a couple hours ago, and probably would have if I didn't see the DLC listed below, under the 'recommended' section of PSN games. Turned me off faster than an icicle up the urethra.

So I guess I'm boycotting this now. :/

I can understand some DLC being available on day one, its not because they want to rip you off, its often because they had already started new content while the game went through QA, GOLD disk stuff and shipped off to be distributed etc etc

However, having a harder game level is a bit ridiculous. Fine if they bring it out on a patch, but to pay for it!

The next thing you know you will be buying FPS with only a pistol, you have ti buy the xtra guns as DLC!

Personally (not that anyone cares), but this wont bother me, because I thought the first game was so incredibly bad I am not interested in the franchise!

Things I'm fine with:

- DLC (even day 1, provided that it is actually peripheral to the main game).
- Preorder bonuses (provided that gamers late to the party are given the opportunity to get hold of them further down the line).

Things I'm NOT fine with:

- Microtransactions. These are nothing more than attempts to gouge players for what should be standard unlockables. Basically the reason I haven't bought an EA game in years.
- Crippling the main game to extort more money from players. This is a fucking despicable practice which companies like Capcom have already been called out on. To go as far as disabling a fucking difficulty level in lieu of extra revenue is a disturbing precedent. Not only is it lazy, it also has a decent chance of catching on if enough gamers are stupid enough to cough up. My fear is that they will, but I won't be one of them.

It's a cliche, but we really do need to start voting with our wallets. If a company does something that pisses you off, DON'T GIVE THEM YOUR MONEY. It's that simple. Too many people raise issues like this and then hand over their cash anyway because their "need" for the game is too great. You do not "need" ANY game. Go without, or at least, as Angry Joe says in that video, wait until there's a Steam sale or you find it preowned on the cheap (some of Steam's sales are just fucking bonkers). Make these fuckers EARN your money, and make it as hard as possible for them to do so. Make them understand that you won't be treated like the shit on their shoes.

Don't get me wrong, I've fallen into this trap myself in the past (it's the one reason I even own a 360 - thanks, Rockstar). Not now, though. Case in point: I didn't preorder Aliens: Colonial Marines, I decided to bide my time and ended up getting the PC Collectors' Edition brand-spanking-new for £20, and all that was missing was the SHARP-stick rifle preorder bonus, which I have on good authority is an overpowered gamebreaker anyway. Yes, the game is mediocre, but I saved myself a shitload of money (about £70) by waiting 1 month. Yes, this is an extreme example, but it demonstrates the power of patience.