Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
geo

Greatest ever brand meltdown on Facebook?

Watched the episode. Hilarious stuff. Uncanny white woman with incompetently unjustified behaviour dysfunction while milking her sugar daddy for a crumbling restaurant. She looks like a psycho too.

I don't keep up with reality TV, but I read an interesting theory that the restaurant is a front for money laundering.

Bucket said:

I don't keep up with reality TV, but I read an interesting theory that the restaurant is a front for money laundering.

This would not surprise me!

Amy’s Baking Company Bakery Boutique & Bistro said:

You people are all shit. Yelp shit, Reddits shit. Every shit. Come to here, I will fucking show you all.

...I have no words.

That chick makes me think of what Sweet Dee from Always Sunny would act like running a restaurant

I'm fairly sure she has some sort of mental illness. No stable person would react so vehemently to what she's been "accused" of.

Of course, there's no way of knowing how contrived shows like Gordon Ramsay's are. Maybe the whole thing was staged, along with this Facebook aftermath. But in the event that it's all legit, there's something very wrong with her.

In most cases, any publicity is good publicity. However, I don't see how that could be the case with this.

DoomUK said:

Of course, there's no way of knowing how contrived shows like Gordon Ramsay's are. Maybe the whole thing was staged, along with this Facebook aftermath. But in the event that it's all legit, there's something very wrong with her.

if THIS is a publicity stunt, there'd still be something very wrong with her. :P

When even Gordon Ramsey walks out, you know it's bad. He may stage a bit, but I think this was pretty real. At least we have people like this who can bring a stupid smile or a grand face palm to clm our stressed lives.

Ergghh buzzfeed thread.

I'm kinda gambling that someone guessed their password or hacked their account or something for some laughs. I don't think anyone who runs a business would exclaim how much they hate the people posting on their page where their more loyal customers would probably see it. Their argumentative tone and increasingly ridiculous posts seem less and less like the same people that made the first post on that page.

I'm not really buying it, and I feel for those restaurant owners if I'm right.

edit: apparently they did claim yesterday that they were hacked, even before I was made known about it. While the articles that wrote about sound dubious, I still stand by it. I know quite a bit of loud outspoken ridiculous and argumentative people that rarely make a post on facebook because they are too busy arguing with people in person, or dealing with the stress in their own lives. I'm not convinced that two business owners who are pretty obviously extremely stressed and explosive at their own jobs would retreat the facebook and type away with loud inflammatory posts that everyone in the public can read. I know it seems to be congruous with their behavior in real life, but I believe people's real-life personalities and their internet personalities are quite different.

The most relatable example I can think of is that we've probably recieved text messages from our moms right? My mom for example seems like a dyslexic first grader when she sends me text messages or makes a facebook update when in reality she's a pretty profound person.

DoomUK said:

...I have no words.

In their defense, Reddit is pretty shit. Also, there was some fabulous restraint on display as I don't recall seeing the word 'faggot' appear once in the freak-out, so props there.

On the other hand, all of the everything else.

Their FB page currently says the show's assertions they take tips from servers is false despite the fact it was the owner on the show saying that's what they do. Delusions are funny.

That woman has also served time in prison for using somebody else's social security number to take out a bank loan. Not cool.

Why does anyone care about these people? This is what I hate about the internet. I'm in no way involved with these people and I don't care about their meltdown. The whole interaction between them and hundreds of people online makes me sick.

People love laughing at things and feeling superior.

Are you referring to this? It was the first result I got after Googling 'Applebees meltdown.' Never saw it before. That one's only funnier because it's a great example of chain completely fucking up at being appealing. This one's great because of the caps-lock and high amount of nonsensical comments.

Krispy said:

Why does anyone care about these people? This is what I hate about the internet. I'm in no way involved with these people and I don't care about their meltdown. The whole interaction between them and hundreds of people online makes me sick.

I don't think anyone does care about them. It's just something that makes them laugh. Stupid people is hilarious.

40oz said:

I'm not really buying it, and I feel for those restaurant owners if I'm right.

edit: apparently they did claim yesterday that they were hacked, even before I was made known about it.

They tell us they're working with the "FBI computer crimes unit" to figure it out. Are you really this gullible?

Krispy said:

Because our sad pathetic lives involves poking fun at others who make themselves out to be retarded.

Aside from the completely childish (to say the least) way they run their restaurant, I think an invaluable lesson to take away from all this is 1) the internet is NOT your friend, 2) the internet never forgets, and 3) it's almost never a good idea to get on any sort of social media outlet or other public window of communication when you're in an emotionally volatile mood, because of 1 and 2.

But hey... if everyone got around to realizing these facts, we'd miss out on so much entertainment.

Krispy said:

Cause we are bored.

Caffeine Freak said:

2) the internet never forgets . . .

The internet absolutely forgets. Fashions come and go within hours sometimes. Hated parties can become cherished allies with one well-placed PR stunt. The only difference is if you piss 'netizens' off, they'll troll your history for shit to use against you. Then go right back to forgetting you until you do something ire-worthy again.

BloodyAcid said:

Because our sad pathetic lives involves poking fun at others who make themselves out to be are retarded.

Fixed.