Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Venk

creating a certain style of door

In the map in TNT named stronghold, there is a door which is two seperate sets of bars that are activated in different ways. I want to do this, but with a blue door open stay, and a red door open stay set to seperate switches in the map but I cannot get them to work. Any ideas?

the problem you might be running into is that doors open to 8 below the lowest adjacent ceiling (iirc), so if you have door sectors next to eachother they won't open because their lowest adjacent ceilings are at floor level. You could get around this by simply not having the sectors touch for each component of the door. Or you could do some trickery with scripts/voodoo-dolls and raise-ceiling actions.

If you want them to be one merged wall at the front. Make them into triangles pointing away from the player. That way they only share a vertex, not a sidedef which will cause the issue Ribbiks describes above.

I still can't get it to work. I made them not touch and the button to activate it isn't working. For neither the blue side or the red side.

Actually I fixed it ** sorry guys. I had the wall pointed the wrong direction