Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Serge Jkn

Certain Death ***RELEASED*** (16/05/2013)

Certain death is a small new project for Doom that I've been working on. It has been sitting on my hd for quite some time and I've finally found some spare time to finish it up.

***UPDATE***

Certain Death released

Info, screenshots and download:

http://d1g1t4ld1stress.blogspot.be/

Feel free to leave some comments on the weblog as well. (You don't have to register or anything)

I'll upload it to mapraider and idgames in a couple of days.

Screenshots look excellent and have a great classic atmosphere, nice!

I think you should post the wad up here before uploading to idgames so that we can point out bugs that could have gone unnoticed otherwise, before everything gets "set in stone".

valkiriforce said:

Just wanted to show my support and say those screens are looking pretty classic.

This may be the most inept fda ever made. I will not give up, but at least you will know it was worthwhile implementing ALL the skill levels...

fda

Yeah, nice maps, no glaring errors I can fathom. As others have said, it does a good job of having a classic feel but still having nice detailing. I feel like the texture use is a little spastic (as in, lots of different textures used per level that don't necessarily tie together to give it a cohesive feeling) but that is part of what gives it the classic charm, especially in E2. I really do like the way you do the teleport trap monsters too, with only a few but spread out so they don't slowly trickle in one at a time, and not all in one area of the map.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Glad you had fun!

@theJF: I noticed in your fda you didn't pick up the chaingun. It would have saved you a whole lot of problems ;)

Chaingun helped a lot :) Second attempt ended by teleporting into a Baron's arms. Third attempt victorious! I enjoyed this- felt an E4 vibe?; liked the connected areas; and was pleasantly surprised by new monsters in cleared-out rooms. Will advance to UV...

Great! If you have a fda of you beating both maps, send it over. I always love to watch them and they're great to learn from.

Enjoyed these two maps. E2 is my favorite episode of Doom and to play some nicely done maps in these style was fun. The beginning of the first map is pretty rough, but I managed to get through both. It didn't help that my CPU was being heavily used, but oh well - these were great. Keep up the good work m8!

I was looking for some more E2 style levels having already re-played the relevant maps in 2002 ADO, Classic Episode, Flashback, DTWID, and DTWID: LE recently), and these fit the bill perfectly. Great work :).