Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CeeJay

Laz Rojas' WolfenDOOM update

Posted some time ago at the ZDoom forums (http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=31848)

Quote:

A pretty simple and straight forward update of Laz Rojas' original WolfenDOOM scenarios: Original and Nocturnal Missions. Every enemy, item and weapon in the game was re-made from scratch to more resemble their original Wolfenstein 3D counterparts, and less like the Doom counterparts they replace. So mutants no longer launch fireballs, officers don't wield chainguns among many other changes and improvements. The game is overall more faithfaul and balanced.

All the basic groundwork was done old-school style with DeHacked/DEH, so in theory this should be 100% vanilla Doom compatible. However, the levels won't play correctly, so a mapinfo file was made for ZDoom-based ports and an sndinfo, language and gameinfo file to spice things up and add a little variation to the game.

Download (version 2):

Original Missions: http://www.mediafire.com/?zhbo06jykmw7dao

Nocturnal Missions: http://www.mediafire.com/?9zcj7fqcxnbp3o1

Enjoy!

Thanks for the post. Sorry if bumping an old thread.

Are there any downloads for all the WolfenDOOM wads, or am I going to have to download all the WADS individually?

Edit: I mean for the Wads on Laz Rojas' site. All the wads are available there. The downloads on the DoomWorld host don't work.

I'm using zDoom or GzDoom. I downloaded some of that .zips from LazRojas.com and was wondering if they'd be compatible/how to set them up.

ON3i11 said:

Are there any downloads for all the WolfenDOOM wads, or am I going to have to download all the WADS individually?

Probably individually, I don't know of anyone who's bundled them as a single download.

The downloads on the DoomWorld host don't work.

The 3ddownloads.com files are now hosted by Atomic Gamer, you can find them here.

GreyGhost said:

Probably individually, I don't know of anyone who's bundled them as a single download.

The 3ddownloads.com files are now hosted by Atomic Gamer, you can find them here.

Thanks for the reply. Do all I need to run these are the .wad files if I'm using zDoom (or GzDoom)? like I said I downloaded some of the .zips from LazRojas.com and was wondering if I needed everything that was in the zip files.

Vermil said:

The Windows versions of most of Laz's WolfenDoom wads are on ID games.

http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?search=1&field=author&word=Laz+Rojas&sort=time&order=asc&page=1

I, believe, the only ones not on there are the Original Missions and the original version of Operation: Arctic Wolf.

Thanks, I already got them from LazRojas.com. I'm pretty sure the "Original missions" is just "First Encounter", "Second Encouner", and "Die Fuhrer, Die" in one wad? Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.

The original missions are the first three episodes of the PC version of Wolf3D. There is also another one of Laz Rojaz's WolfenDoom mods missing from IDGames; the Nocturnal Missions, which are the last three episodes of the PC version of Wolf3D:

PC Wolf has six 10 map episodes. a.k.a, the original and Nocturnal Missions.

Mac Wolf Second Encounter contains simplified versions of 30 maps from PC Wolf. The SNES and Jaguar Ports of Wolf3D also use these maps.

Mac Wolf Third Encounter contains all the maps from Mac Wolf Second Encounter and also all the maps from PC Wolf (making 90 altogether), though with less texture and scenery variety, as Mac Wolf doesn't feature all the ones in PC Wolf. The 3DO version of Wolf3D uses these maps.

Mac Wolf First Encounter is a demo and contains the first three maps from Mac Wolfs Second Encounter.

Vermil said:

The original missions are the first three episodes of the PC version of Wolf3D. There is also another one of Laz Rojaz's WolfenDoom mods missing from IDGames; the Nocturnal Missions, which are the last three episodes of the PC version of Wolf3D:

PC Wolf has six 10 map episodes. a.k.a, the original and Nocturnal Missions.

Mac Wolf Second Encounter contains simplified versions of 30 maps from PC Wolf. The SNES and Jaguar Ports of Wolf3D also use these maps.

Mac Wolf Third Encounter contains all the maps from Mac Wolf Second Encounter and also all the maps from PC Wolf (making 90 altogether), though with less texture and scenery variety, as Mac Wolf doesn't feature all the ones in PC Wolf. The 3DO version of Wolf3D uses these maps.

Mac Wolf First Encounter is a demo and contains the first three maps from Mac Wolfs Second Encounter.

Thanks for letting me know. The descriptions for the downloads on LazRojas.com aren't very clear on exactly which levels are remade in which packs.

Edit: Adding edit to avoid double post.

The "Custom Engine" included to run the Original and Nocturnal missions don't run on Windows7 64bit and I was wondering if anyobdy know if it's okay to run the missions in zDoom or GzDoom.