Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
gggmork

can megawad have varying format maps

like can map 3 & 5 be "zdoom: doom in hexen" and map 2 be "zdoom: doom in udmf" and map 4 be "boom" etc?
Thanks jive turkey!

Yes, Doomworld Mega Project was like that I think (I wonder if there will be another one).

Of course :) Whenever you load up any UDMF or Hexen-format Doom map, you're loading multiple map formats together by virtue of the IWAD's Doom-format maps being loaded as well. Including different map formats to be loaded from the same wad is no different.

ok, monochrome mapping project will be like this apparently (unless you meant a doomworld mega project sequel). Thnaks yall.

I've found some difficulty in getting these to work properly at times. Because formats like Boom and Hexen have different lumps for their maps (Hexen uses more), you often end up with a jumbled up mess of excess lumps if the maps aren't saved correctly as a result of Hexen maps being saved as Boom maps, resulting in crashes when you try to load them in-game. Easily rectified by using SLumpEd or SLADE to arrange the lumps properly or delete any unnecessary ones, but still a bit of a pain. :S

Yeah, I just tried to make a megawad of varying formats using my primitive unskills of opening each in doombuilder2 and "save map into" the main wad. Resulted in some maps with jumbled criss cross lines, and it deleted map01 etc. Guess slade is needed, but probably someone else in the project will do it now because I have no experience in that.

Jimmy91 said:

you often end up with a jumbled up mess of excess lumps if the maps aren't saved correctly

Then stop using editors that save incorrectly; and report to the editors' developers the problem so they can fix it (assuming they're still around to work on it).