Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Biffy

Does email through Doomworld work?

I've emailed a few people via the email links in the member list, no answers. Does anyone know if it works?

Fodders, I sent you mail today (Tuesday) through Doomworld. Did you get it?

Thx, Biff

It does not work. I suspect it's been broken for quite a while.

bigbadgangsta said:

I think it does, I'm not sure...

Eh, me nails down half an antler to bbg's head. that's 4.5 so fur =P

orion said:

Eh, me nails down half an antler to bbg's head. that's 4.5 so fur =P

Hehe. Just got an interesting mental picture of bbg as that little mutt the Grinch abused in How The Grinch Stole Christmas =)

Another thing I've noticed,the time on these forums is way out,at least it is for me.Anyone else?

magikal said:

Another thing I've noticed,the time on these forums is way out,at least it is for me.Anyone else?

Yes, the server clock is screwy. That Has Been Established(TM).

ehh, apperantly that's not the only thing not working. For me atleast. I can't see the doom3 forums anymore.

stphrz said:

Hehe. Just got an interesting mental picture of bbg as that little mutt the Grinch abused in How The Grinch Stole Christmas =)

rofl! Did orion give you some pills? :)

orion said:

ehh, apperantly that's not the only thing not working. For me atleast. I can't see the doom3 forums anymore.

I WONDER WHY THAT COULD BE.

Linguica said:

I WONDER WHY THAT COULD BE.

you got me, am I banned from there or something? one too many bad posts?

k... I'll start sucking up to you tomorrow, maybe I'll get in there one day again =]

EDIT: well honestly ling, I didn't really mean for you to go up to carmack and sexually harass him, it was a joke. =P

been broken for a long long time
they terminated it so no one can send in news so dont have to update anymore o_O

fix my banning to.... please
/me makes a puppy face

bah, tomorrow's gonna be the biggest day in doom 3 history so far and I can't even make a post about it. suckies.

Biffy said:

Does anyone know if it works?

I've gotten emails before, but of course you can't reply to them and they never said who the mail came from.

Well then, it's not useful. I'd respectfully suggest that this email function be deleted from the DW web page since, at a minimum, it wastes members' time and worse, it has misled people into thinking that they have transmitted a message to someone when in fact they have not.

PERHAPS IT IS NOT MY FAULT. PERHAPS IT SUDDENLY BROKE A WHILE AGO, AND I HAVE ALERTED THE PROPER AUTHORITIES BUT TO NO EFFECT, AND ITS SUDDEN ABSENCE IS JUST AS ANNOYING TO ME AS IT IS TO ANYONE ELSE.

Heh, that's one of the features of being webmaster. "The buck stops here". At least you have access to anyone's email address if they have supplied one, Linguica, the common member does not. If those proper authorities can't correct the problem, it'd be a service to us all if that web page feature "disappeared".

I'm sure Linguica has better things to do that get rid of/fix the e-mail function...if he WANTED to fix it, he could simply make it open up the person's default e-mail proggy...