Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
offy

Problem of the undead Undead in (G)zdoom

Greetings!

I'm currently playing Doom II with GZDoom 1.71 source and the Brutal Doom mod.
My personal aim is to get 100% kills in every map for the whole game.

I've succeeded in doing so in every single map - however not everytime.
I know all (official & inofficial) secrets, I know all places were demons are hiding. But sometimes I play a level and in the end I get 161/162 kills. Searching the whole map for hours, No Clip cheat ... nothing helps. The last monster is not there. I replay the level, do the exakt same and get 162/162 kills. Same problem occurs at different levels at different times, like randomly.

Does anybody have a clue why that is?
I've got a feeling it's got something to do with the Lost Souls. It seems as if the "birth" count was quicker than the "kill" count and therefore some created and instantly killed Lost Sould will not count as a kill. Could that be true?

I need to get the 100% kills for my recording of the game.
Or is there a possibility to find the exact position of all remaining monsters on the map?

Thanks very much for your help!

IDDT may in fact help. You may also discover that a lost soul was spawned outside the map. You would have to clip to go out there and shoot him.

Searcher said:

You may also discover that a lost soul was spawned outside the map.

Not in ZDoom or GZDoom, as far as I'm aware.

Searcher said:

IDDT may in fact help. You may also discover that a lost soul was spawned outside the map. You would have to clip to go out there and shoot him.

I once saw a Lost Soul disappear into the walls. But even with no Clip I wasn't able to find it.

IDDT on brutal doom reveals thousands of green triangles...every projectile and even every droplet of blood is shown on the map ;)
But maybe I'll be able to locate a monster when the problem occurs next time.

Thanks so far!

Instead of using iddt cheat, drop the console by pressing the ~ key on the keyboard, type monster, and then press Enter. This will give you a list of all living hostile enemies in the map and their location. If the command yields nothing, then there are no monsters (again, hostile) that are still alive in the current map.

offy said:

IDDT on brutal doom reveals thousands of green triangles...every projectile and even every droplet of blood is shown on the map ;)

You could do what I do and give colors to the triangles. On that picture, you can see: red for monsters, purple for items, blue for other pickups, and white for other items. (Not shown: green for allies.)

Blue Shadow said:

Instead of using iddt cheat, drop the console by pressing the ~ key on the keyboard, type monster, and then press Enter. This will give you a list of all living hostile enemies in the map and their location. If the command yields nothing, then there are no monsters (again, hostile) that are still alive in the current map.

This hint turned out to be a wonderful idea!
In fact, I've tried it last time I got 132/133 kills on "Nirvana". I typed "monster" and it gave me an empty list. That sucks...seriously.

So thanks for your help, at least I now know it's not my fault ;)

Sorry for the double post.

I'm furious right now. I'm recording me playing Doom and I want to get that 100% kills. On Refueling Base I played the level 3 times! There was always one or two demons missing. the "monster" command in the console showed no entries.

Does anyone have a clue why some kills don't count as kills? If only I knew - I could avoid it. -.-

Sounds like a monster that was still alive was removed from the playsim without being officially killed.