Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

download 3 maps for prboom-plus -complevel 2 -skill 4, pistol start on each map.

STORY: Yuki started downloading some file (he doesn't want you to know what it was) and Windows said that it will take about 15 minutes, so to kill some time he started to imagine Doom levels while listening to Gary Numan and Depeche Mode.

do i have to play on skill 4?

downloaded.

(these maps look nice at a glance, Memfis maps are always worth checking out anyway.)

You can do anything you want with this wad, even open it in notepad, print and then use as toilet paper. So no, you don't have to play on skill 4.

Well I thought they were some tidy little layouts indeed. I'm bad at doom and I kept dying at the beginning of the third map though, so honestly I haven't seen all of that one yet. There was one thing in the first map that felt off: when you press the switch that lowers the bridge like a lift, the window is impassible. I almost feel like it would improve the flow of the map if you could jump out of there! But hey, that's minor I guess. Nice maps, really. :)

~Your neighborhood Pavera

I think I made that window impassible so that you couldn't simply run away from the hell knight that teleports in.
map03 is definitely the most brutal but to compensate this I made it significantly shorter. It's basically just two battles or even one if you rush to press the switch immediately.

I liked it. FDA. -complevel 9, because this is my comfort zone and change is scary.

(these maps look nice at a glance, Memfis maps are always worth checking out anyway.)

Aye, you could really consolidate all of your stuff in a megawad at one point. It's not as if there's too many small and sweet levels compilations, if anything it's the other way around.

Maps like that are fun to replay every once in a while, but because it's one map there, another two maps there, I never bother and/or forget the map names, and so I don't replay these. Anyone else feel the same way? Making it a megawad would solve this.

Granted, there's nothing stopping anyone from doing this for their own use, but it's better if the author does so himself, as an official thing (esp. for demos and the like).

For some reason I lose interest in 95% of my projects in about 3-4 days, release demo versions and then I don't want to get back to them. So I don't really feel like making any compilations of old stuff because I kind of... maybe not hate all of it but it is related to some not very pleasant memories. Or something, I don't even understand what is going on in my head. I'll probably start another "this time I'm going to make a big wad with many maps and I will be really enjoying the process of making it" project soon and will release a demo of it shortly after, then start another one, etc. I think I don't like mapping. I map not because I enjoy making maps but for some other strange reason that I don't even know.

You should authorize someone else to compile the megawad, clearly.

Oh, people are allowed to do whatever they want with anything I've ever posted here.

For somebody who doesn't think they like mapping, you've definitely made some decent ones.

Also, just curious why these maps are the first 3 maps in Hadephobia. What's the connection?