Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

Gamespy's Doom 3 First Look

Damn those guys at Gamespy, I haven't even left for E3 yet and they've already seen the Doom 3 presentation multiple times and have posted a three-page first look about it. As you might imagine it's chock full of goodness regarding the game that everyone is going to be clamoring to see at E3, not least of all me:

While id isn't planning on giving away the entire plot of the game anytime soon, here's what we know so far: DOOM III is basically a "retelling" of the original DOOM, with many of the same characters and themes, and even some returning weapons. Most of the game is set on Mars, where you're a marine recently stationed at the Union Aerospace Corporation, a company with strong military ties doing experimentation with teleportation technology. It seems a few people at the UAC don't exactly have everyone's best interests at heart, and after a betrayal, things quickly descend into chaos, with members of the facility being possessed and turned into zombies. This is where you come in - as one quote from the demonstration put it, "only one man stands between hell and earth... you."

I'll have my own pics and writeup tonight or tomorrow, but until then, see you at E3! Or not.

Wtf?
Doom 3 a retelling of Doom1???
Why the fuck is it called Doom III then?
Not that I mind that the new game's a remake, but it seems really lame that they numbered it as if it was an actual sequel.

I'll need to swallow those news before I can really enjoy it.

ONE WORD

SAUCY

I wonder if they're going to release that video for download at a later point or if anybody's going to be able to grab a recording...

!@#!%

we're told that you'll also get to make a trip to Hell.

EXCELLENT.

/me is satisfied.

I was told of this URL by Fredrik and Afterglow

It's also in the DOOM3 forum and was first found by dark-tenshi I think :p

I think that they're going back to the original storyline and expanding on it is quite cool. I'm getting even more excited by the day =)

Arioch said:

I wonder if they're going to release that video for download at a later point or if anybody's going to be able to grab a recording...

I hope so bub, I sure as hell hope so...

That screenshot of Pinky in the toilets is now my desktop background :)

HOLLLLLLLLY MOTHERFFFUUUUCKING JESUS DILDO CHRIST ON STEEL WHEELS WITH SPARKLERS COVERED IN SEXY ASS BUTTER CHUNKS, MYYY GOOOOOOO>.....

/me has a seizure

I...LOOOOVE DOOM.......MANNNNNNN......

/me cries

The video on Fileplanet is the intro BEFORE you go into the booth that has interviews, history of Doom and a small amount of Doom III footage... not the actual 11 minute video that fully shows the game.

Darkstalker said:

92 MB? This better be good quality...

Who cares about the quality, IT'S DOOM 3, DAMNIT!

thx bbg for link!

i think it is the same movie that is uploaded on fileplanet, not the one that was described in gamespy`s doom3 first look.

Archvile64 said:

I think that they're going back to the original storyline and expanding on it is quite cool. I'm getting even more excited by the day =)

Yeah agreed, but why call it "Doom 3"?
That title is so damn ridiculous for a "retelling" no matter HOW I look at it.

Here is an 8 meg video of Doom 3 stuff.

My sig contains a lot of DooM III stuff. The D and the first o contain screenies, the second o, the M and the first I contain downloads and the last two IIs are the Doom 3 logo and Gamespy's Doom 3 stuff...

bigbadgangsta said:

http://www.doom2.org has the 11 minute video up for download here

And how the fuck do I view it???
It saves the file as 116, but nothing I have can view it!

Lüt said:

EXCELLENT.

/me is satisfied.

Goddamn you Lut!!! I came here with the intention of posting that EXACT same remark... but anyways, me too! =)

Cyberstorm2 said:

??? It's the seven minute movie.

Well, SOOOOOOOORY, I didn't know it was 7 minutes...I didn't download it...
/me curses his 56k connection