Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TMD

MAYhem 2013? More like MARCHem 2014. 3.9.14 realease?!?

Katamori said:

Orange Night sounds surprisingly good!

Is the map good anyway?

Thanks.
I like this hell revealed map. BUT!.

- the nets on the left of those two passages are passable.
- The exit should be marked , I missed those imps on the roof because of that.

Now suggestions:First put the regular shotgun instead of the ssg , then the chaingun up the stairs , and instead of that stupid blocking door , put an ssg behind.
It's possible to get into the elevator without pressing the switch.
And instead of shooting the switch do it pushable , because it can lower the elevator without the switch showing up.

So fix those and the map's good.

Hi,

A disc in my back slipped (again) and so I've not been able to sit down or stand up very easily these last few days which kind of put a bit of a damper on finishing up my map, however it was kind of shite anyway. If you want me to upload what I have then I can do that, but it's going to be difficult for me to make large changes within the next couple of days. Large chunks of it are still STARTAN.

For what it's worth, the concept involved being chased through the map by hundreds of pinky demons, but this wasn't interesting by itself so I threw in a couple more gimmicks on top. The end result is a bit of an atrocious gimmick-fest that's all over the place and it's not really all that fun. I'm sure including it in the project will only lower the average quality :p

Melon said:

Hi,

A disc in my back slipped (again) and so I've not been able to sit down or stand up very easily these last few days which kind of put a bit of a damper on finishing up my map, however it was kind of shite anyway.

That really sucks; I've had disc problems before and they are no fun. Is there any work left to be done besides retexturing? Someone could probably finish it if so.

Also, just wanted to pop in and say I have a map for this as well. I got caught up in a business trip the last few days but I'll be able to finish it today.

Yeah it's all done except for texturing. Difficulty levels are done.

Sod it, here it is anyway. If this is still going when I'm feeling better I'll see if I can fix it up, but if anybody plays this and doesn't hate it you're free to texture it.

]Download

Map is called "The Demon Rush". It's on slot MAP23, because that's the music I want the level to have.

^ July

joe-ilya said:

Why isn't this released yet?

Me and Magnus are finishing up our tardy maps, and beyond that, I think we still need to do playtesting, given that there's only been a modicum of responses given. Plus difficulties for maps that don't have it.

ahh, the date on idgames was 11/08/12, and I read it in stupid 'merican format :p

Well, I don't want to wait 2 months now. :P

Also: MionicDonut, can you make a list about contributors and maps into the first post?

HEY YOU GUYS LIKE TOO MUCH DETAIL?

Download The Stone Spinneret (MAP12). Enemies are arachnatrons and masterminds.

I'm about done with it. I wanted to add more to the spider closets but I keep getting visual errors when I put in more nodes, and there's a host of slime trails that keep popping up in the final room every time I play. I keep trying to fix them but there seems to be no end as new ones just take their place; as such expect some errors :/

No difficulties implemented. I'll be working on those over the week and getting back to playing Doom in the meantime.

Also, ZDoom haaaates the main room so prepare for tons of dropped frames when looking across all the cages.

Yum yum.

OP is updated. Considering the submissions closed at this point. Expect a hasty, "no particular order" compilation by Wednesday.

We will at least be on /idgames before November this time!

Ah well, no one to blame but myself for missing the deadline. (Spent all of yesterday trying to get some damn invisible walls to work). No worries. Looking forward to playing!

Any chance you can put in a sky transfer? I really like the blue SKY2 of the cc4 set for my spider map. If need be I can look it up since I don't really know (something with a dehacked mapinfo, right?)

I used sky transer on my map without hesitation, so...:P

Actually, that would be bad if it couldn't be used. But I don't even know, why sky transfer may not work.

You attach "Sky Transfer" effects to a linedef, you add the wanted sky to upper texture and give the same tag for the wished sector and for the effected linedef. Usually 0.

A silly point ot make, but TheMionicDonut, my map is called "The Demon Rush" and not just "Demon Rush" as stated in the OP. Without the "The" it's not a jokey reference to the infamously bad indie game of the same name :p

I can sort of stand up now which means I've been able to start texturing my map, but only in short bursts. There's a way to go yet, but hopefully I'll be able to replace all the STARTAN with something else fairly shortly. I doubt there will be much detailing and it'll be pretty basic but anything is better than how it looks now.

Just keep changes coming.

You know how winrar doesnt give you shit despite saying it will after 30 days?

Apparently it is delivering all its wrath upon me and I havent been able to easily extract half of the wads. (Something about admin approval, which means i have to run as admin which i cant do easily when downloading a file itself.)

Ill settle this over the weekend. Point is, dont feel bad about sending touch ups.

hey katamori,
after you gave me some feedback on my map, i thought i'd return the favor. first of all, the map looks cool, i like the feel of it, and it's short and sweet, guess it would fit nicely into one of the earlier map slots of a bigger project.

some really minor stuff:
the supports for the door move with it, intended? always thought this looked like the author forgot to set unpegged.
i thought the texturing for this was a bit odd, with the consoles outdoors and such.
what's up with this secret? not done yet i guess?
some weird bleeding near one of the grates

Katamori said:

Orange Night sounds surprisingly good!

Then why's the map called "That Delightful Orange Number"?

Thanks for the feedback! I'm gonna check joe-ilya's feedback too.

Pic1: just a small thing I forgot. Fixed.

Pic2: I know that it is odd, that's exactly why I used it. Doesn't make much sense but looks cool, I think. I really don't want to change them.

Pic3: since I tested the WAD on PrBoom+ and you can't watch down in that, so in PrBoom+, you can't see the armor down there.

Pic4: that's also just a mistake. Fixed.

EDIT:
joe-ilya, it was given by TheMionicDonut, and I'm OK with it.

Just quickly popping in to say you really shouldn't wait up on me to finish texturing my level in case you were. After my last check-in my back got worse and so no further progress has been made.