Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
schwerpunk

[RELEASE] Monochrome Mapping Project (latest fix August 1st, 2013)

@ scientist: "... laying low ..." :))) I used to do that all the time, on a "very low" scale, though :)) This off-duty will spare you one week of mighty salary.

Music file updated. Thanks. I will upload my updated text file on the 5th. Then it'll be up to schwerpunk to finish it up.

@ Da Werecat: Perfect. Have you made the change Grey2 -> Grey3 already ? Let's talk about grey3 :)) it seems to have been lowered in ammo. Tiny but still, enough that this time I ended the level with LESS shells and clips. But I don't see other mod's if there is. Are they ? This is my 5th time on it, and after 5 runs, it still plays fun.

@ everyone: The Megawad Club is "waiting" for us, and others. Nobody ever replied if the 6/6/2013(6) was good enough. Is it? This has to end :)

pfl said:

@ everyone: The Megawad Club is "waiting" for us, and others. Nobody ever replied if the 6/6/2013(6) was good enough. Is it? This has to end :)

666 sounds lucky to me; let's do it. We'll never get everything perfect, but all the important fixes have been applied (thanks again for everyone that put in overtime for no pay), which is the most important thing.

Actually, it's grey4 now, although I haven't released it as separate wad. It wouldn't worth it.

pfl said:

But I don't see other mod's if there is. Are they ?

The only thing that's changed in grey3 is ammo/health placement. It was redone practically from scratch.

But I wanted the map to remain relatively fair even if the player couldn't figure out the rocket launcher secret. Although technically it's not a secret.

@ Da Werecat: Exactly, the rocket launcher is touchy to get at first and the ending :) needs to take this into account. It is "perfect" like this. I felt I had none to waste during the stay, and that's just it. Well done.

@ everyone: Ok. So we're basically settled. 6/6/6 is the release date. The 5th text file will come in here. I need only two music entries. All others are done. I have two more maps to complete (22/23) and 23 has been proven fully fonctional. I think we now have something working GREAT. :))

Oh boy, I cannot wait until 6th June now! I too am waiting to begin the long-awaited LP of this project!

Okay here is my last update for this wad. I removed some ammo from Control Center because there was a stupidly high amount. Then I Lower unpeged the doors on Support Storage so now it doesn't look so dumb when the doors open.

Da Werecat thanks for fixing my stupid mistake on Up Town.

Control Center

Support Storage

Could someone update my map so that whenever you grab the blue key bars raise up blocking the exit, and when you kill the Cyberdemon that spawns they lower? I'm really dumb at coding and have been at it for an hour or two trying to get it to work with no luck.

@ Da Werecat: It's good to have the edited version as soon as it's done; I'm constantly on, searching and testing. I don't even have to list the updates, you're doing it for me as I read back along the thread :)). Great job again.

Have you any idea about Death Egg's request ? Or Scientist (we have to keep him high) :))

To do:

- Death Egg's blue key
- update with the new Control Center & Support Storage

Death Egg said:

Could someone update my map so that whenever you grab the blue key bars raise up blocking the exit, and when you kill the Cyberdemon that spawns they lower? I'm really dumb at coding and have been at it for an hour or two trying to get it to work with no luck.

Open in db2. Click view/script. Paste (or add to your current scripts if you already have some):

#include "zcommon.acs"

script 1 (void)
{
    floor_raisebyvalue(1,256,128);
}

script 2 (void)
{
    floor_lowerbyvalue(1,256,128);
}
Select both cyber and key. Give both action 80. Make key "script number" 1, and cyber 2.

Give bars tag 1. (or you may have to edit those tags or script numbers to be whatever next unused numbers in your map).
http://zdoom.org/wiki/Floor_RaiseByValue

Edit: isn't this the map that said "insert blue key here, I couldn't think of a reason" yada, etc. I liked that joke by the way.

The only issue is that the Cyberdemon spawns via map spot, and doesn't exist on the map until then. I'm not sure how to have it so he can spawn with an action def.

Also, thanks. :)

When you spawn the cyber, give it a tag like 2. Then setthingspecial is set to tag 2 (the cyber) as 'acs execute' of script 2. So script 2 happens when the cyber dies now. (only you probably want lower by value in that case)

#include "zcommon.acs"

script 1 open
{
    spawnspot("cyberdemon",1,2,64);
    setthingspecial(2,acs_execute,2);
}

script 2 (void)
{
    floor_raisebyvalue(1,128,128);
}

This is an engine list.

MAP01 - ZDoom
MAP02 - GZDoom
MAP03 - Limit-removing
MAP04 - GZDoom
MAP05 - Boom
MAP06 - Limit-removing
MAP07 - Limit-removing
MAP08 - GZDoom
MAP09 - ZDoom
MAP10 - ZDoom
MAP11 - Limit-removing
MAP12 - ZDoom
MAP13 - Boom
MAP14 - ZDoom
MAP15 - ZDoom
MAP16 - Limit-removing
MAP17 - ZDoom
MAP18 - ZDoom
MAP19 - Limit-removing
MAP20 - ZDoom
MAP21 - ZDoom
MAP22 - ZDoom
MAP23 - Boom

Any corrections?

http://www.solidfiles.com/d/03f0943d67/

MAP07
A megasphere wasn't show up on HMP, rendering the secret completely useless.

MAP11
I had to raise 2 ceilings and paste 4 textures to allow some platforms to lower with complevel 2. Of course, it was totally unnecessary.

MAP23
An unpleasantly looking vertex shift was fixed. Monsters can telefrag now.

I should mention my map works in ZDoom but is recommended to be played in OpenGL due to a graphical error only present in software mode at the beginning.

Text file updated EDIT: I retrieved it since I got one last minute call from one author and we're checking one last detail. Will update as soon as.

@ Da Werecat: I think I'll have to thrust you on this one :)

One day before closing ...

@ pfl: It would be nice to have all the credits, but as long as something is mentioned we should be fine. Worst case, one of us can just put the missing credit in the comments section at idgames.

Updates out the wazoo! Each time I feel like this is a complete version that I'd be happy stamping with 'approved for release,' but somehow it's always improved upon. I haven't been able to finish a complete run without an update coming out for a while now. So good work on that. I think we should aim for a release of 7:06pm EST tomorrow (or 6:66pm >:). For my part, I'll go over the text file again, and power through the whole megawad one last time, but unless something is actually broken [that can't be fixed on the spot], I say we're good go.

@ everyone: Is that (see above) the general consensus here as well?

P.S. I'll be pretty much absentee from this thread today (so not much change, really), as it's my SO's birthday. I have complete faith in you guys!

All Jaws In Space's maps are working fine in vanilla Doom, by the way. But some of them have minor visual glitches.

Death Egg said:

I should mention my map works in ZDoom but is recommended to be played in OpenGL due to a graphical error only present in software mode at the beginning.

I would also recommend GZDoom for MAP18, because it have some PNG flats with more shades of grey than Doom palette can show. Although it's purely cosmetic.

schwerpunk said:

Is that (see above) the general consensus here as well?

Well, I don't mind.

@ schwerpunk: I have a much updated text file for you: EDITED OUT One important thing would be to check the "where to get this file" at the bootom of the file to ensure it's the right spot. As for the release, everything will be fine with me. I have run through the wad 5 times now, not counting the maps seperatly, sometimes with an add-on, and it plays great all the way through. This doesn't need the N.A.S.A seal of approval :)

Well, I don't mind that. It's in schwerpunk's hands now :)delegate(: It followed a suggestion we had and it seves a puprose of being well detailed, if anyone would want to do something with the original maps ...

Quite frankly, I'm not even sure what this column should represent.

It's not about Doom Builder configs, because otherwise it wouldn't claim that my map's "format" is "Doom 2". And it's not about actual map formats, because no one of them is ZDoom-specific.

In other words, it's not about anything.

Map format column will be nixed when I get my hands on the text file tomorrow morning. You're right: it serves no purpose to the players.

I find it beautiful.

1- you'd want to ask the authors if ...
2- the release is tomorrow :)

pfl said:

1- you'd want to ask the authors if ...

These are mine. If you're not referring to maps' author.

And I hope that you're not referring to the author of the city silhouette clipart that I've nabbed. Or the authors of all the clouds photos that I've used. Because I really don't remember. :)