Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Memfis

sky transfer prefab

Does anyone have a prefab that is basically a bunch of linedefs with sky transfer action and different tags, like from 1 to 100? (would be enough for most maps) ofc I could make one myself but maybe it already exists?

If you set Doom Builder to fix tagging conflicts when pasting, you can probably just copy and paste a bunch of times pretty easily. You could paste one, then select the two and copy/paste them to get four, then copy/paste those to get eight, and continue doubling until you've reached a sufficiently high number. Then you can save that as a prefab (making sure to disable the automatic tag changes when you put it in your map :)) and just find/replace or whatever to change the sky texture used.

I'm probably missing something obvious here, but what's the point?

Edit: oh, so you just copypaste the whole thing and it applies the sky transfer to all of your map at once, including sectors tagged for other reasons. Got it.

Cool thanks, now I can just put this in my maps and forget about sky transfers completely. :)

That's pretty cool, wouldn't have thought of that myself. Are there any other commonly used prefabs that would come in handy?

Off hand the only thing I can think of is maybe a teleport ambush closet or something.

Argh, "next unused tag" gives me numbers higher than 99 after I insert this thing in my map, didn't think of that. %) I guess I'll have to insert it at the end of work and for now just change the SKY1 texture manually (I don't want to test my map with the default sky).

I always wondered why you didn't just include a RSKY1 patch in your wads instead. I usually would only use sky transfers when making a megawad or short episode with various skies. Some of your wads have more than one map though, do they have different skies from each other?

Well, right now I'm working on a map for DMP2013 for example, so I need to change the sky on my level without affecting everyone else's levels. If I can just add a new RSKY1 texture, then I usually do exactly that.

oh okay, I really should open your maps in a lump editor before i talk haha