Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dragonsbrethren

PSX Doom: The Lost Levels - New Pre-Beta Available courtesy of Salahmander2

I'll have a go at doing something with the other crapola not-actually-exclusive map. The one called 'Sewers' that seems more like some sort of underground cave network.

Whatever. Just put my name next to it, and I'll turn it from a lump of shit into something that's not a lump of shit.

BaronOfStuff said:

I'll have a go at doing something with the other crapola not-actually-exclusive map. The one called 'Sewers' that seems more like some sort of underground cave network.

Whatever. Just put my name next to it, and I'll turn it from a lump of shit into something that's not a lump of shit.

Awesome, lol! Good luck with it.

P.S.: You think that exit to this map should be standard? (Not random wall checking)

Ok. I've got a question:
It's possible to do few sky pictures for this project? Or PSX doesn't support this?

Just ending area (with waterfalls) is better with mountains, but the area there is crucified man I want to use hellfire sky.

None of the PSX maps used more than one sky, no.

Whether or not it would have been possible to use two on one map (much like Boom allows) isn't known, but I doubt such a feature existed.

BaronOfStuff said:

None of the PSX maps used more than one sky, no.

Whether or not it would have been possible to use two on one map (much like Boom allows) isn't known, but I doubt such a feature existed.

Okay, I will not experiment with this.

Really impressive.

Well, some my screens:

Level start:

Room where you need redcard. Now it's Monitoring zone where you can control sewers system:

Strange pyramid building:

Damn those stimpacks. I will change them into 1 big medikit. (Blue keycard room):

Strange area with dead man on wall (beta version):

Ending outdoor area:

UPD: That's why this map called "Betray[ed]":

Nice, you did the "transparent liquid over door/switch" thing afterall, and it looks even better than what I envisioned!

Baron, your sewers chopped off even more than than your initial estimation O_o I expected a little more winding tunnels, but I suppose its really dark in there now to make up for that. Thanks for taking it up afterall!

Ragnor said:

Baron, your sewers chopped off even more than than your initial estimation O_o I expected a little more winding tunnels, but I suppose its really dark in there now to make up for that. Thanks for taking it up afterall!

Told you I could make something out of it! I added one bit back (as a secret) shortly after posting that overhead view, with another weapon inside; the combat was pretty stale with the stuff that the original map dished out.

BaronOfStuff said:

Told you I could make something out of it! I added one bit back (as a secret) shortly after posting that overhead view, with another weapon inside; the combat was pretty stale with the stuff that the original map dished out.

The top part had waay too much random texturing, it was like the guy wanted to use every texture on the map. Hows it looking now?
EDIT: As in the weirder areas, like the skull hall, flesh room, and the random hall of lightbulbs

Ragnor said:

The top part had waay too much random texturing, it was like the guy wanted to use every texture on the map. Hows it looking now?
EDIT: As in the weirder areas, like the skull hall, flesh room, and the random hall of lightbulbs

Oh, those... well they had to change. Expect a video soon. It's the best way of showing things.

Yeah, nice work! "Thanks" to Youtube for darker effect - 50% of video I can't see anything (exclude water floor texture)

Anyway, I think, that the worst maps (e1m10 and map33) turned into good maps!

BaronOfStuff said:

I think I've done all I can with Sewers for now. Go and test, look for anything that breaks.

Well, I thought that it's not really dark, but I was wrong. Anyway, it's an atmospheric map!

UPD:
Say "Hello!"

With all the recent conversion nonsense and talk of making PSX-style maps of what's going on over here, I wondered what it would actually be like if one of those was converted again to look like a map for this project. And...

...it turned out surprisingly well.

I honestly didn't think anyone would take that seriously. That looks great! Which map is that? I would assume Hardcore, since you just finished that, what with the cyber and that mancubi but those barons at the end throw that off a bit, unless that's an addition

It's actually Cat And Mouse. The three Barons Of Hell are guarding the exit, which was added for the original 'downgrade' from Doom 64 to Doom II. I left it here because I can't think of any map on the PSX which suddenly ends after you kill a specific monster.

Huh, it looks hellish, so I assumed it was Hardcore. Is it hell themed just for Lost Levels? Its the E1 moonbase endmap in the D64 thing

I can see the pictures better on my Wii U gamepad, and yeah, thats definitely Cat and Mouse. The berserk pack gives it away.

Ragnor said:

Huh, it looks hellish, so I assumed it was Hardcore. Is it hell themed just for Lost Levels? Its the E1 moonbase endmap in the D64 thing

Each version of the map has elements of both tech/Hell, in a 'Doom E2' sort of way.

Looks fine to me. It's not like any of the IWADs were particularly picky about certain texture combinations -- the doorway of those wooden supports could be DOORTRAK and it wouldn't really matter.