Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Libor_john66

Master Levels For Doom

Hello everybody. I am actually working on Master levels For Doom project. This will be 13 one level pwads. All will have map slot E1M1. There is list of levels, types and size:

Command Center (Center.wad): Base, Medium
Central Town (Ctown.wad): Terase/Base, Huge
Hell's Leading (Hellld.wad): Hell/Base, Medium
Baron's Redemption (Baron.wad): Hell/Outdoor, Medium
Devil's Guarding (Devil.wad): Hell/Terase, Small
Ancient Rooms (Arooms.wad): Hell, Huge
Gate To New World (GTNW.wad): Base/Hell, Medium
Cleaning Demons (Cleand.wad): Base/Terase
System of a down (SOAD.wad): Base, Small
Underground Center (Undcen.wad): Base, Small
Hard Miss (Hmiss.wad): Base/Underground, medium
Mining Area (Marea.wad): Base/Outdoor, medium
Repower (Repw.wad): Base

Any reason you chose Doom 1 for this? When I think of Master Levels I think of brown Doom 2 textures, revenants and chaingun guys.

Libor_john66 said:

I am actually working on Master levels For Doom project.

Is it intended to be a prequel to this?

GreyGhost said:

Is it intended to be a prequel to this?

oooooooooooooooooooooooohh

Ok. I'am really sorry for my mis stakes. I'am repairing: Not all maps will have E1M1 slot. And some new info: I should upliad full master levels sometime in the June. And first kevel info: First level (Command Center) will came out tomorrow. I hope, I will upload to speedyshare and I'll get link. That's everything now.

PS: Sorry for my misstakes and my bad English!

You didn't specify what port you intended these levels to be played on. I tested DEVIL.WAD with Chocolate Doom v1.7.0, but I have a feeling that you used ZDoom.

-Tutti-frutti error on back-side upper texture of line 497, on all the STEPTOP textures attached to sector 44, and on lines 251 & 258.

-The line 608, 616 & 620 switches can all be activated while the player is standing on the ground below them (sector 2).

-The thing 0 cyberdemon is unable to move, as the platform it's standing on (sector 33) is too small.

-Wandering around in circles, hoping to walk over random teleporter lines to proceed (sectors 68, 69 & 70; linedef 113) isn't especially fun. In particular, it's almost pure luck if you happen to trigger the line 113 teleport.

-All of the pinkies in sectors 48 & 50 are stuck inside each other, rendering them unable to move.

-Sector 129 is too small for the spiderdemons to fit completely inside it, leaving parts of them extending outside the map's walls. Since the spiderdemons are stuck, this leaves sector 129's floor unable to move, and therefore unable to expose the spiderdemons. Thus, the player cannot kill the spiderdemons and complete the map.

-There's far too much health in the level. Despite the amount of enemies and how strong they are, you're never in any danger because there's huge health boosts all over the place.

Overall, I suggest you practice mapping more before taking on a big project like this. This wasn't a particularly well-designed level. You're given tons of health and weaponry, so despite the large enemy count, it's very easy and boring to kill everything. The map is also large enough that you can dodge enemy attacks without much trouble. The puzzles are also not very intuitive--you're not given enough clues to figure out how to solve them, and simply have to run around until you solve them by accident. It's not very satisfying. There's also almost no lighting detail in the map whatsoever, with almost every sector set at 192 brightness.

I did like how you had to fight enemies on the ground and up on higher ledges at the same time, though. And though I didn't really like how the teleporter puzzles were done, they made the level more interesting than if you were just killing everything the whole time.

Can I be in? for 2 hours I've been finding something like this.

I'll think i'll call it Parklife (An outside level infested by demons, using doom2 textures).

I was longer out and I had bad dates. I hope I'll release all to the end of year. I hope I will push out one of levels to the end of september that's all.

Hey you! I am back. I am sorry I wasn't replying, I was child and didn't know english language properly. So, I am restarting my MapMaking job and I will begin with already started project "Aliens Coming!". I hope you will look forward guys. Again sorry I was off, but let's try to finish this. Anybody who see this, please reply to this post.

Superluigieth1 said:

Can I be in? for 2 hours I've been finding something like this.

I'll think i'll call it Parklife (An outside level infested by demons, using doom2 textures).

Sure! if you reply now, I will see you are still in, than we can start making something together.

Memfis said:

Ok I replied. :D

Thanks! I just wanted to tell you about Aliens Coming!

I'm soon releasing beta (3-5 Finished Levels)

And after I will start new post about "Aliens Coming!" WAD, gonna add link here.

Megamur said:

You didn't specify what port you intended these levels to be played on. I tested DEVIL.WAD with Chocolate Doom v1.7.0, but I have a feeling that you...

Yeah, I used ZDoom. Level is made for ZDoom. Anyway, really thanks for your Feedback. I am not going to modify that level, but I will try do better with my new levels.