Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So, I like, totally made a new level - the first level I've made in... well, almost forever! Ask me if you'd like to play it; I took some screens but they looked like poo. It's vanilla compatible and I think it's my best to date - and now that I don't have to lecture to a bunch of hip, college kids, I think I'll be doing more.

(Note - this is a great accomplishment after realizing the last map I made public was in the first community chest)

Black Void said:

I took some screens but they looked like poo.

I'd like to play it.

Take some screens anyway? I'm convinced most of mine look like poop but I upload them all the same. Always nice when someone says "hey, that looks good".

@ Memfis - I sent it to ya; just be nice, it's been a while. =) Though comments are more than welcome (criticism and otherwise).

And uh... I'll hop on the picture thing, it's just that screenies never seem to do anyone justice.

Well, I like brown already, so... [screenshots are always good.]

Anyway, just showing my support verbally. Nice to see someone putting themselves into their map. Map more! It's great therapy.

Nice to see you back at the editor. :) If you haven't yet check out the other Community Chest megawads!

Played it and recorded a demo. It was fun and I didn't notice any bugs/problems. One advice I can give you: try to be a little more creative with monster placement. In this map in most fights all monsters come at the player from one direction, which makes them quite easy targets. Some situations with enemies attacking from multiple directions would make it more fun and challenging. Also, you could play more with heights as this level doesn't really take advantage of the fact that Doom is a 3D-game (or 2.5D or whatever...). Encounters with monsters attacking from below and above tend to be more interesting.

@ schwerpunk - alright, I'll take some screenies!

@ memfis - thank you SO MUCH for the feedback dude! =) I understand what you're saying about the enemy placement though... that, and I think I went a little teleportation happy. I look forward to making more levels this summer!

@ use3d - glad to see your still around! =) it's been awhile, but it's always nice to reconnect with a fellow doomer. (ps - i played the other cchests, some of those levels are INSANE. both design wise and 'holy crap creature count' wise)

Agh! There's neither screenshots nor a download link here! All of my Xaserfeathers are being ruffled at once! D:

:P