Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gruntkiller4000

The Official 'Trying to Find a Specific WAD' Thread

I didn't expect such a fast response man, thanks a lot. But I have a couple of issues:
-I don't understand, what does wolfman have to do with this (I apologize if this sounds rude, it's definitely not my intention)?
-I don't know how to post links.
-When you say "here" do you mean the zdoom forums or this one?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I'm seeking this WAD that I've enjoyed a couple of years ago, it is only a 1 level WAD, it starts on place like a volcano with magma all over ...

If I'm not mistaken the name was like "Hells invasion", but I don't seem to find it anywhere !

The WAD is large (~10 MB) and heavily modified, the monsters disappears (like alternately invisible), and the monsters with the chainsaw are gray and tougher than normal ...

Ah, and also at the end it features the barron of hell with wings ...

Thanks !

Oh, thanks a lot Mad.

By the way, do you think it's a good idea to upload it to idgames? In Memfis' post he mentions that it has no txt and he doesn't know who the author is.

Zed said:

I didn't expect such a fast response man, thanks a lot. But I have a couple of issues:
-I don't understand, what does wolfman have to do with this (I apologize if this sounds rude, it's definitely not my intention)?
-I don't know how to post links.
-When you say "here" do you mean the zdoom forums or this one?

Thanks in advance.

Sorry, I'll clarify;

-Wolfman is the one who looks at the borked links and then posts a fixed one.
-All you have to do (in this situation anyway) is take the broken address and stick it in your post when you post in the Zdoom thread link I put up.
-By here I meant the Zdoom forum link.

Glad to see your problem has been solved, anyway.

Sigh.

Can't believe I lost this one. It came out a few years ago, was a steampunk styled mod, started out with a train ride and used a Johnny Cash song during the title screens. Was the title "NewGunz" or something such? A search using that title gave no results.

I'm looking for a .wad/mod (which I'm not sure even exists) that is sort of like a "remix" edition of doom that would include all the doom1/2 assets as well as doom 64 assets. Assets would include all of the textures, sprites, sound effects, lighting effects, music, or basically anything else that can be ripped from the games. I know the doom 64 sprites are different from the originals but I wonder if there are ways to modify them that would meld everything together?

Doom1/2 and6 64 (or maybe even doom3) would be the main ones I'm thinking of but it would be also interesting to incorporate the lighting from psx Doom as well. Does such a mod like this exist? Thanks.

Hi i'm looking for a map or a wad with a map that has a single huge spire like structure in the middle of the map and has an icon of sin somewhere inside of it. Basically I remember it being like map30 in doom2 where its a single large room but instead of the demon wall texture it was a giant pillar in the middle of the room that housed the icon of sin.

Anyone ever see a map like that before? If so can you please tell me where to get it?

Thanks in advanced

I'm looking for a map that took place in a industrial cave, mining operation sort of thing. The starting area consisted of brown rocks with wide stairs, and there were floor lights scattered around. Can't remember the port but it had to be at least limit-removing, it was fairly detailed. It used some custom textures, I specifically remember those black and yellow warning stripes, similar to those used in Vrack3, Deus Vult, etc.. There was a super secret that opened (or was it "closed"?) on a timer, and it was spelled out on the automap (something like a drawn arrow pointing at the place, and a message akin to "super secret here, opens/closes in [x] minutes"). Anyone?

I was wondering if anyone could help me find a good slaughtermap that is preferably less than 32 levels, and has some kind of last boss other than an icon of sin or at least some kind of grand finale other than yet another large wave of creatures.

I tried Shai Tan's Luck and it is a good wad, for sure, but the final level lags on me and I think the finale is an icon of sin, so that's kind of bland.

Speed of Doom is great too, but was looking for some others, but don't really know any more.

Any help is definitely appreciated

-----EDIT-----

Oops! Did I mess up? This doesn't qualify as "a specific wad" does it? Sorry if not.

VylePhinder said:

I was wondering if anyone could help me find a good slaughtermap that is preferably less than 32 levels, and has some kind of last boss other than an icon of sin or at least some kind of grand finale other than yet another large wave of creatures.

I tried Shai Tan's Luck and it is a good wad, for sure, but the final level lags on me and I think the finale is an icon of sin, so that's kind of bland.

Speed of Doom is great too, but was looking for some others, but don't really know any more.

Any help is definitely appreciated

-----EDIT-----

Oops! Did I mess up? This doesn't qualify as "a specific wad" does it? Sorry if not.

Try Survive in hell, it has a slightly different boss set up.
http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=16831

cannonball said:

Try Survive in hell, it has a slightly different boss set up.
http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=16831

Thanks You! That's a good one. I liked the different last boss, and I loved the music in it (it's a rarity to find both FF music AND Castlevania LOI/COD music [Eonomous Machine Tower, I believe on map 24]). Anyway, thanks for this!

Anyone else, are there anymore? preferably less than 32 levels, with varying themes a little more, hopefully. Also, no Icon of Sin last bosses, please.

Thanks Again!

Does anyone know where to find abandonedrig.wad?
-It was a relatively big but confined harbour map
-It had a giant squid that attacked you with fireballs and electricity
-It was incredibly hard
-Popularly used with survival games

Does anyone know where to find le-grosse.wad?
-It was a weapon pack
-It replaced all the weapons with cool variants
-The plasma gun looked like a rifle with a scope and its alt fire was a plasma shotgun
-The rocket launcher's alt fire fired a nuke that killed absolutely every single thing even people with godmode on and I think it looked like the Doom 64 chaingun
-The main menu screen was Le-Grosse written in the Doom font
-Pretty sure it had some multiplayer maps with it too
-The chaingun was PROBABLY dual SMGs
-The pistol was a Colt M9/M1911
-The super shotgun was a side-on version of the default one

Fairly recent wad:

It's a very well detailed--light brown aztec? ruins-esque--with green bats shooting fast imp fireballs. Very well designed/architecture levels. The first level is very open/outdoors with lots of cool ruins like architecture. Thanks!

Oh, and the filename is a four letter name--not a word--probably an acronym. DNGB or something...

Looking for a weapon replacement wad where you could play as different characters. One was Duke Nukem, another was the dude from strife and that's all I can remember but there were a few more.

It's me again. I'm wondering if any of you has this wad called "Alien Vindicta". Yes. Vindicta. The only info I was able to gather was useless, as the Yahoo group working on it is long gone. Was it a joke? Was it real? Did it ever got finished? Thanks in advance.

"Alien Vindicta" was the work-in-progress name for "Alien Vendetta".

See Ling's post about the project here in August, 2000, pointing to this site which I dug up courtesy of archive.org, dated May 16th, 2001. Also mentioned and linked to here in June 2001 on newdoom.com. It was the project homepage before doom2.net hosted it (project leader Anders Johnsen even alludes to the name change from "Vindicta" to "Vendetta" in the project news updates).

I don't know the name of a wad, and can only remember a few things from it; early 2000's, it had sprites from Doom 64 that were a bit blurry because they were apparently ripped from screenshots or something (this was before a big Doom 64 hacking spree that led to Doom 4 TC, The Absolution). Doom 2 Megawad. I remember it being pretty good, want to try it out again -- but I can't remember the name, or who it was by.