Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

Doom III: The Legacy Movie

No, not the source port. The official version of a seven-minute movie being shown to the crowds at E3 has hit the internet. This movie mixes interviews with various idders, with footage from Doom and Doom 2, and yes, new video clips of Doom 3. Here are some mirrors of this 97 meg monster:

Fileshack
Fragland
Fileplanet
Doom2.org
3DGamers
Daily Rush
Speakeasy
Doomcenter
GIGA Games
Gamesweb
Fragland.net
AusGamers
PlanetQuake3.net

Also, I've mirrored 30 or so screengrabs from the movie here on Doomworld, so you can check those out while you wait.

Edit: these stills were stolen directly from Dailyrush.dk so all credit goes to them.

OMG this is so lame

These screenshots is obvious copies of the ones www.Doom3.dk and www.Dailyrush.dk ... If you want to use our material please give us some credit! You didn't even take the time to rename the filenames of the pictures.

I know you don't wanna "loose your visitors" - but don't go stealing peoples news without giving them their proper credit.

THIS FUCKING VIDEO IS A FUCKING JOKE!!! WTF is that? 5fps? whoever made that video should get I AM A MORON I AM A MORON I AM A MORON I AM A MORON I AM A MORON I AM A MORON I AM A MORON I AM A MORON .png printed on their forehead. 5fps!"?$()!=$( They could as well have released a bunch of pictures and an .mp3 with comments. The scary atmosphere gets pretty much destroyed by the low framerate. I'm pissed off!

That's why Quicktime sucks. Any video of decent quality in regards with resolution and depth gets reduced to a crappy slideshow.

BUT THE CONTENTS ROCK

Well, I've seen some pretty good and high quality quicktime movies. I still wonder how they managed to get this video to 90mb...

DAMNIT!!!! AND JUST WHEN I THOUGHT I FOUND A 'SECRET' LINK TO IT ON SOME GERMAN SITE 20 MINUTES AGO!!!!!!

Oh well, least I won't have to wait in line at Fileplanet now ;)

EDIT: I just noticed it said "added 23/05" on Doomcenter. Today's the 22nd...hmmmmmmmm

I agree with FlatHead. Well, partially. The lost souls were pretty cool because they looked like lost souls straight from hell... these are different...

How long is this movie? I wanna make sure it's worth downloading for 4-5 hours before i actually do.

If only everybody were aware of the wonders of Divx, i guess this wouldn't be running at 5 fps ;)

Weedster said:

EDIT: I just noticed it said "added 23/05" on Doomcenter. Today's the 22nd...hmmmmmmmm

Yeah there's this weird shit called timezones, wtf is up with those?

whoever made that 90 megs monstruosity should be shot in the eye with a shotgun from upclose.

Fredrik said:

I agree with FlatHead. Well, partially. The lost souls were pretty cool because they looked like lost souls straight from hell... these are different...

Where the fuck did you get to see those?
They're not in the "The Legacy" movie.

DSM, the new lost soul image is in the screenshot section, a Link to it is somewhere below all the movie mirrors. The New Lost soul looks fantastic, Those teeth are fucking HUGE :|

Now the movie may be slow, but it's well worth watching. IMO.
I want the Trailer tho :)

Edit: Just rewatched the legacy movie. The lost souls DO appear. about five minutes into it.

DiSTuRBeD said:

I wanna make sure it's worth downloading for 4-5 hours before i actually do.

The movie is definitely worth the download but you might as well wait for the 11 minutes one as it might have high FPS too...

Fredrik said:

The movie is definitely worth the download but you might as well wait for the 11 minutes one as it might have high FPS too...

Who says the 11 minute trailer hits the internet?

LorD BaZTArD said:

DSM, the new lost soul image is in the screenshot section, a Link to it is somewhere below all the movie mirrors. The New Lost soul looks fantastic, Those teeth are fucking HUGE :|

Are you telling me that THIS is the new Lost Soul???
It doesn't even LOOK like a lost soul, this thing looks ugly as Hell. I wanted 'em to look like skulls dammit, not mutated human heads with cyborg tech.
Bah! I don't like how they're turning just about every critter into a cyborg in the new game.

Arioch said:

That's why Quicktime sucks. Any video of decent quality in regards with resolution and depth gets reduced to a crappy slideshow.

BUT THE CONTENTS ROCK

How wrong you are, my friend.

First off, it ran faster than that on my computer.

Second, you haven't seen HALF of the vids that are for quick time. I saw the Episode II Fobidden Love trailer months before came out...it was more than crystal clear, let's put it that way. It moved at a decent framerate too. Then again, this was the lowest rez trailer on there (back when I still had dial-up).

EDIT: Link was removed because it was already linked.

About the lost souls: Well, call me crazy, but I think that may have been one of the few ideas id may have liked from the DOOM novels; Fly mentions that the "flaming skulls" had rockets on the back of them.

That's pretty much the coolest video I've seen ever.

Oh, and now I don't feel so bad for not giving credit to Ling back when I used one of the Daikatana Doom level screenshots. heh.

Weedster said:

First off, it ran faster than that on my computer.

Heh, how did your computer manage that? According to VirtualDub the movie has 2195 frames on 7:19 minutes. That are exactly 5 frames per second.
There are indeed Quicktime movies in great quality, especially movie trailers!

Holy Poopin' Crap that video is awesome. Definetely worth the d/l for any of you people still waiting to get it...unless you're on a 14k or something, but anyways. I really personally like the new lost souls, they may look a little funky and mechanical, but it's kinda nice having something new to look at. I would have been pretty disapointed if they would have just made the enemies 3D with a whole pants load of polygons. I really liked that one scene where they actually had a gun model in it, it was only a few seconds, but it made me realize that this is actually gonna be a game, not just a wonderful movie or something. But yeah, I definetely need this game, not matter what the requirements are, I need this game. Ohhhhh DooM................

dsm said:

Are you telling me that THIS is the new Lost Soul???
It doesn't even LOOK like a lost soul, this thing looks ugly as Hell. I wanted 'em to look like skulls dammit, not mutated human heads with cyborg tech.
Bah! I don't like how they're turning just about every critter into a cyborg in the new game.

I have to agree. The more I see the more I think I'll pass. It just ain't Doom. It looks like Resident Evil on steriods.

Wildman said:

I have to agree. The more I see the more I think I'll pass. It just ain't Doom. It looks like Resident Evil on steriods.

No one's forcing anyone to buy a game, regardless of its name.

uh....that picture has to be a lost soul, can't be much else...can it?Plus if you look closely at the zombies, they have the same colour eyes as this thing. I don't see whats wrong with the cybernetic beasts, after all, ID have been moving towards Cyber-tech since Quake 2 and away from gothic themes, maybe however, there is a reason for this. From what I've heard about the actual gameplay video, perhaps the UAC has something to do with it, and the rest of the beasts are normal, who knows. I've seen a LOT of people comparing this to resident evil? what gives? Resident Evil is a survival horror style game. Doom was the same BEFORE RE came along, but you had the equipment to deal with them. Last time it was about slaughtering the bastards, this time it's not about not being lunch and staying alive Which isn't a bad thing. Zaldron said as well, if you don't want it, don't get it. No-one will force you too. I'm looking foward to it. I'm getting sick of "straight foward" shooters, and something like this could be a welcome change. Plus It's gonna be bloody scary. The "Lost soul" creature has a SHITLOAD OF TEETH, If it moves like it used to, as soon as I hear it, and see those teeth flying towards me at speed, I'm gonna shit myself, in game AND reality.