Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PmRd

Movie Screengrabs!!

Unfuckable!

What type of monster is in middle of screenshot's stack? another one zombie?

Why the fuck does the bull demon have mechanical legs?
Hm, I hope it's a variation and that other pinkies will be fully organic.
At least this means that id will have cybernetic monsters in Doom 3 and furthermore, it suggests that good ol' Cybie will be back!
Yay!

The Baron of Hell (at least, I assume it is) looks fucking great too.
Check out the artwork too.
I think it's safe to say the flying skulls, spiderdemons and pinky's are back in buziness...

I WANT SKETCHES OF THIER WORK, C'MON, SHOW US YOUR MASTERFUL DRAWING SKILLS !!!!!!

dsm said:
Hm, I hope it's a variation and that other pinkies will be fully organic.
At least this means that id will have cybernetic monsters in Doom 3 and furthermore, it suggests that good ol' Cybie will be back!
Yay!

It would seem that the UAC, as being an organization working closely witht he military was genetically engineering these monstosities. Think a mix between RTCW and RE. From the pentagram that Ling mentioned I would think that some sore of energy emminating from the symbol caused the mutations present in some of the zombies and perhaps on certain test animals (hence *demon* varieties). It's not a bad way to take the story... just not the most original. But I could easily be wrong, and even if I am right, the execution of the story will determine it's worth.

999cop said:
I WANT SKETCHES OF THIER WORK, C'MON, SHOW US YOUR MASTERFUL DRAWING SKILLS !!!!!!

It would truly be a wonderfull thing if a Doom 3 special edition were to be released that contained a book of the design notes and sketches. It most likely won't happen, but here's to hoping, eh? Notice, however, the obvious influence of Giger on the Spider Mastermind sketch... if the rest of the game holds up to this influence then I have a feeling Doom 3 will be amazing beyond compare.

dsm said:

Probably because it looks a lot better.

Fredrik said:

I'd take some screenshots of the other cool stuff in the movie if I could :(

Why can't you?

dsm said:

On that concept drawing it looks like the demon has an entirely robotic skeleton, and that he´s damaged in his back part so that you can see it. That would mean that the normal appearance of the bull demon is a fleshy muscular monster like the original Pinky or the Q1 Fiend.

Tetzlaff said:

On that concept drawing it looks like the demon has an entirely robotic skeleton, and that he´s damaged in his back part so that you can see it. That would mean that the normal appearance of the bull demon is a fleshy muscular monster like the original Pinky or the Q1 Fiend.

Or it's simply that the pinky is a deformed monstrosity born without hind legs, so it has the robotic hind legs incorporated into its body.

Lüt said:

Why can't you?

Because Windows won't let you take screenshots of movies...

stupidityness :(

Fredrik said:

Because Windows won't let you take screenshots of movies...

What?

Are you on 9x? If you are then just take them twice. The movie has to be paused though. So: pause movie, hit printscreen, paste into editor, select movie again, hit printscreen again, paste into editor again, whala.

XP's is horrible though, there's some kind of internal color bug that sticks into images even AFTER they've been saved and reopened, it's like a black "hole" in the picture, the hole shows black until you move it over an open video, then you can see the video "through" the hole. Run DXDIAG and disable DirectDraw to fix this.

This is Windows 2000.

And it doesn't work even if I press the button twice.

Hmm... disable DirectDraw? I might try that when I get home from school...

Run DXDIAG and disable DirectDraw to fix this.

Will this work for DVD players in 98se as well? :)

fredrik said:

This is Windows 2000.

OK, the DirectDraw thing should work for you.

IMJack said:

Will this work for DVD players in 98se as well? :)

Heh, dunno, I've never played DVDs in a PC. I would assume so. I do know that most DVD-viewing programs have a "capture screen" option though, so you shouldn't need to do any tricks to capture DVD screens.

You can't screengrab videos using DirectDraw because Overlay just completely ignores the GUI.

Heh, dunno, I've never played DVDs in a PC. I would assume so. I do know that most DVD-viewing programs have a "capture screen" option though, so you shouldn't need to do any tricks to capture DVD screens.

Heh, I went kinda cheap on my DVD drive/software (a hundred bucks 15 months ago, be about $50 nowadays) and mine doesn't have the screen capture. I have the same problem where the screengrab is basically a "portal" showing whatever is on the video feed. I'll try disabling DirectDraw and trying again. Thx.

999cop said:

Uuh, the fucking movie is choke-full of drawings.

Zaldron said:

Uuh, the fucking movie is choke-full of drawings.

Yeah, and that spider mastermind/arachnotron thing looks really cool plus, it's immediately recognizable. Shows that id can recreate the cheesiest monster in the old Doom and make it awesome too - can't wait until I see the new Cyberdemon.