Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
uniQ

Co-op petition for D3

you really show some typical swedish cave troll behavior...rare to find at those modern times :)

Allow me to break up this nice little get-together and say that it's a good idea, though it probably won't exert any pressure on id. All the big decisions have been made by now.

The only way id would implement co-op mode in Doom 3 would be if they stopped designing levels so that there are certain "no-return" areas (ex: a bridge collapses, preventing you from going further back in the level).
Personally, I think they should drop these "no return" areas - I hate when I've left scores of ammo behind and I can't get back to it. I'd rather like to freely move around the whole level at all times (don't mind if some areas are altered at times, as long as you can go back) plus, it makes co-op possible.

Unfortunately for me, there are people who like these "no return" areas and as such, I doubt that id would leave them out, which further makes co-op impossible.

Fredrik said:

Nah you could have teleportation devices and then it'd work out :P

Hmm, maybe, maybe not.

Cooper play is cool, but I don't think that it will fit in DooM3. Imagine ingame-'cutscenes", or just things that a player 'should' see during the level but will not because the other player destroyed or killed it or whatever....no, I want to experience every scene for myself !
In Doom1/2 it doesn't matter if your teammate kills 20 or 50 enemys, there are enough....but I think in Doom3, killing a demon will be an experience of its own.... at least the most time.

If there is cooperative, than there should be at least a cooper ONLY episode or something like that....that would rule ! Something where one player can't solve some "puzzles".

IMO

Revenant! said:

If there is cooperative, than there should be at least a cooper ONLY episode or something like that....that would rule ! Something where one player can't solve some "puzzles".

Ya I'd definately suggest a different co-op game with new or modified maps, but that'll take a good deal of extra time and probably won't be worth the extra effort in the end.

They should release a special Coop mission pack.