• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Anima Zero

Slaughterfest 2012 demos [-complevel 9]

dannebubinga said:

Map 27 max in 15:07

first exit

Just letting you know that the record for this map is 11:58, as shown in this video:

Ok. That's an old version though and I was only looking at dsda.

Is it annoying when people post maxes that aren't records or what? I like to watch alot of demos at dsda that aren't records because I find it sad that so many demos seem to get forgotten because they're not "good enough".

It doesn't seem like Revved was annoyed, he just wanted to inform you about the existence of that demo (or, rather, video) since it looked like you didn't know about it. I don't think there is any negativity towards the people who post non-record demos on this forum. Daiyu does that all the time and everyone treats him nicely.

Memfis said:

Daiyu does that all the time and everyone treats him nicely.

Yep, my requirement of my runs isn't high. All I want is a nice and smooth run, with a reasonable time(Unless the DSDA record is done by a weak doomer). I also like to watch runs which isn't records at all. I don't think all DSDA records are nice run. Some of them are rather ugly or even too hard to beat. Runs of Ancalagoon and SAV88 are examples(Hard to beat).

If you hexedit this one to playback on mapslot 27 amd it won't desync, you can enjoy my first exit.

sf27.zip

TimeOfDeath said:

Here you go. I think it was 13:58?

Thanks!
It's kinda crap .lmp so don't add to dsda (so I won't have to bother with txt).

Also I hope you don't plan not recording anything just like that. ;)

Seems like hiatus. Pity, I'd like to watch some bold runs for maps 25-30 (aside from 27, that is) coz they... well, suck. Except maybe 26 but that motherfucking rev horde after yellow door ruins the whole thing for me. Other maps in this bundle either kick my ass while being ridiculously long and complex for savegame-free playthrough, or make me wanna sleep. On fire button, right.

Ancalagon said:

Map08 max in 8:15

Will Nevan do it faster?

Nah, the route I took for this map is too harsh. It's a hard enough map as it is, heh.

Map09 UV-Max in 8:16.

sf1209-816.zip

Man, it's easy playing backseat doomer when watching demos, but even as a spectator that last fight is brutal.

Map 34 uv-max 18:14
MAP22 UV-Pacifist in 4:45

Actually, those demos were very exciting! I'm sure both danne and Cacatou were very very tense about not dying.

By the way, any idea why technically the 200% secrets happen? More than 100% secrets is a very rare event and I still don't know why/how it happens.

There are some triggers that make a sector inherit properties of a nearby sector. So if sector B is a secret sector and sector C inherits its properties, C will become a secret sector as well. However, total secret counter will not update and so you will be able to get 8/7 secrets or something like that.

I think you can even make a map where you could get unlimited number of secrets. Let sectors A and B be normal and sector C be secret. Make a button that makes A inherit properties of C and another button that makes A inherit properties of B. Now you should be able to switch sector A between being secret and non-secret and activate it again and again for eternity. :)

Cacatou said:

MAP22 UV-Pacifist in 4:45

Good job, I guess not having to grab bfg is the major relief for this run. The fact you don't get an entire battalion of barons wandering the level is a great help :)

Rizera said:

By the way, any idea why technically the 200% secrets happen? More than 100% secrets is a very rare event and I still don't know why/how it happens.

When you finish the level, the number of secret sectors initially available on the map is taken into account (same as kills and items, BTW). On MAP34 there is one secret sector in the beginning.

Linedef 7101 is a switch with the following action: S1 Floor Lower to Lowest Floor (changes texture). This action type has a corresponding number #159.

(See here for more linedef types)

From the table you can read: #159 - TxTy, which means "texture and type changed". Thus, sector 1207 affected by the switch has its floor lowered, floor texture changed and type changed. Its type changes to "secret", so now you have 2 secret sectors on the map.

There's a more famous example of the opposite (50% secrets maximum instead of 100%) on MAP29 of Requiem.

Map 21 UV Speed in 2:03. This was supposed to be a pacifist run but an Arch-Vile thought it would be funny to stand on the teleport just before I went through. EDIT: Oh shit sausages, I left the authors of the original text file in there (was an edited Scythe text file) updated.

sf221-203.zip

Actually Springy, accidental telefrags are allowed in Pacifist runs. Anyways, I would have posted this sooner but my internet went down. MAP21 UV-Pacifist in 1:55

sf221p155.zip