Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Springy

Plutonia 2 No Monsters demo pack [-complevel 4]

Didn't do much for this demo pack, though I might try PRCP; however, I'm not very familiar with either Pl2 or PRCP. There were talks of Alien Vendetta for a possible future demo pack in this thread; whether that's next or after PRCP, I'm more than willing to contribute to AV.

Springy, you missed cacatous map28 1:09 run. Also you mentioned kopparberg yourself eariler in this thread, haha.

Cheers lads, fixed them. Seems I celebrated with my kopparberg a little early. Now it's pretty much done, just compiling to be completed.

4shockblast said:

Didn't do much for this demo pack, though I might try PRCP; however, I'm not very familiar with either Pl2 or PRCP. There were talks of Alien Vendetta for a possible future demo pack in this thread; whether that's next or after PRCP, I'm more than willing to contribute to AV.

Sounds cool, I've actually already started my very own AV nomonsters demopack, this time really trying to get some times better (my last 2 packs were filled with lazy demos). I'm probably about half done, so if an AV thread starts, I'll probably inundate it with like 13 or 14 demos lol.

NoobBait said:

Any word on what's next yet?

I'll probably put a poll up but people seem to be leaning towards AV, which I would be happy to do. I'm hoping to start threads for a lot of no monster packs as there are some wads that don't have many. So I may start to make this a regular thing.

Springy said:

I'll probably put a poll up but people seem to be leaning towards AV, which I would be happy to do.

AV sounds fine to me as well. Perhaps a poll isn't necessary? I haven't seen any objections or other suggestions.

AV it is then. Dan's got loads of demos for this I think. I still need to compile this pack at some point.

Guess it's my demos vs. your demos guys, given the fact that I just sent Andy a NoMo pack for all of AV. Don't expect many contributions from me :P

Well, I'm not sure then how about; Kama Sutra? Most of the nomo demos are Hocks' TAS demos and it seems to be missing a few. I still need to compile this pack so if anyone has/thinks they can improve a couple, there is still time.

Cacatou said:

Guess it's my demos vs. your demos guys, given the fact that I just sent Andy a NoMo pack for all of AV. Don't expect many contributions from me :P

Uh oh, looks like you made some progress while I was away on vacation. :) Time for more friendly competition (since I'm probably about 10 demos away from finishing my own AV demopack I started like 4 weeks ago). By the way, does anybody know if a new thread has been started yet for nomonsters demos?

doomdaniel95 said:

By the way, does anybody know if a new thread has been started yet for nomonsters demos?

it's been bumped to the top recently. also when in doubt, you should learn to check THE LIST in the sticky topic.

Springy said:

Well, I'm not sure then how about; Kama Sutra? Most of the nomo demos are Hocks' TAS demos and it seems to be missing a few. I still need to compile this pack so if anyone has/thinks they can improve a couple, there is still time.

I'd be OK with Kama Sutra.

Hey guys, I just saw something on MAP29. It's not big or anything since it probably only saves 1-1.5 seconds at the most, but I thought it was worth mentioning. Earlier today I was fooling around on that map with a friend, and we discovered a jump. Specifically, just before the switch which lowers the first red bars (shows up at about 31 seconds into Kunkun's demo), in the room before that with the oddly shaped window, you can just straferun through that window and land on a floor just to the left of where those red bars are. You can skip the switch completely this way. Once again, since the switch lowers those bars, this probably only saves about 1s. Also doing a glide there certainly would be faster. However, this jump I mentioned is much easier than the glide would be. Maybe using that jump + a little more optimzing might just get the nomo time for "Ticket to Eternity" under 2 minutes? :) Now, I don't really want to try it myself, since I'm slow, but somebody else probably could do it unassisted.

doomdaniel95 said:

Hey guys, I just saw something on MAP29. It's not big or anything since it probably only saves 1-1.5 seconds at the most, but I thought it was worth mentioning. Earlier today I was fooling around on that map with a friend, and we discovered a jump. Specifically, just before the switch which lowers the first red bars (shows up at about 31 seconds into Kunkun's demo), in the room before that with the oddly shaped window, you can just straferun through that window and land on a floor just to the left of where those red bars are. You can skip the switch completely this way. Once again, since the switch lowers those bars, this probably only saves about 1s. Also doing a glide there certainly would be faster. However, this jump I mentioned is much easier than the glide would be. Maybe using that jump + a little more optimzing might just get the nomo time for "Ticket to Eternity" under 2 minutes? :) Now, I don't really want to try it myself, since I'm slow, but somebody else probably could do it unassisted.

I thought I was already done with this map... but here we go again. Completely ignoring your advice I decide to use some gliding magic instead :D
edit: this time with the right .lmp

p229o152.zip

kunkun said:

I thought I was already done with this map... but here we go again. Completely ignoring your advice I decide to use some gliding magic instead :D
edit: this time with the right .lmp

You didn't completely ignore my advice since I said a glide would be much quicker anyway. :) As for the demo, I think it looks nice, not like a drunken guy playing with his elbows as you said in the text file. That jump I mentioned is probably useless now.

Not to sure. I know it'll start in the future however. It's just if everyone else doesn't mind Kama Sutra but I'll hear other people out before putting up a new thread. As for the compiling; that will happen at some point.

So I can compile this demopack and start new using poll if you will permit me it.

Plut said:

So I can compile this demopack and start new using poll if you will permit me it.

Erm, okay... Up to you I guess if you don't want me to do it.

All the demos are compiled and all the PMs about comments are sent to contributors.

4shockblast said:

Map 15 in 0:06.

Great :) !

Big UPS and thanks plut. I'll start a new thread soon. In response to your message, I don't need to as I'm not in the pack and all my demos have text files.

Springy said:

I'll start a new thread soon.

What wad will be on the next demopack :)?

I've decided; NDCP.wad as that has very little demo attention but let's see what others think. I do have a back up one but I wanted to save that for a later date (when I can get the hang of gliding) so I can actually stand some form of chance in terms of competition.

I didn't played NDCP, but I played the second part (I think there are pretty scimilarб because they are 2 parts of one "project") and guess it's not the best choice. So, whatever very good choice is Speed of Doom or at least PRCP IMO.

Plut said:

I didn't played NDCP, but I played the second part (I think there are pretty scimilarб because they are 2 parts of one "project") and guess it's not the best choice. So, whatever very good choice is Speed of Doom or at least PRCP IMO.

YES PLUT! Excellent choice. SOD it definitely is. I completely forgot about that. Actually, no. I just noticed there's a fair few demos on there.

Sorry for the double post but thought I'd put some wads here as a list that could be a possibility. These will hopefully all get done in the future.

Jenesis (really lacking demos).
PRCP.
SOD (has some quite fast no monsters demos though).
KSutra (I have a couple recorded already).
MM (Lacking no monsters demos apart from a couple by me).
NDCP (lacking demos).
NDCP2 (specified above).
TVR! (Has a few already).
Dmonfear (There's a couple by Kimo so expect them to be difficult to beat).

There's a lot more but those just came off the top of my head so far.

Springy said:

Sorry for the double post but thought I'd put some wads here as a list that could be a possibility. These will hopefully all get done in the future.

Jenesis (really lacking demos).
PRCP.
SOD (has some quite fast no monsters demos though).
KSutra (I have a couple recorded already).
MM (Lacking no monsters demos apart from a couple by me).
NDCP (lacking demos).
NDCP2 (specified above).
TVR! (Has a few already).
Dmonfear (There's a couple by Kimo so expect them to be difficult to beat).

There's a lot more but those just came off the top of my head so far.

I recorded a few demos for SOD and KSutra (the most recently mentioned in this thread), and, so far, I honestly prefer KSutra for nomonsters, and KSutra has far fewer non-TAS nomonsters demos. Otherwise, I don't really know most megawads too well, so I can't say much for the other wads you mentioned.