Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mithrandir

We love you Yoda!

I dunno about Carrie Fisher (she's old now)... but I sure as hell wouldn't mind shagging Natalie Portman =)

I think 90% of the male heterosexual population would agree with that comment.

Archvile64 said:

I dunno about Carrie Fisher (she's old now)... but I sure as hell wouldn't mind shagging Natalie Portman =)

:D

I think many of the scenes were very cool and exciting, but the whole thing didn't fit together very well and many of the characters seem to lack any real motivation. It's still an ok movie and a must see for any Yoda fans of course.

The story DOES fit together well. They just cut out a lot of scenes. I read the book, made before final editing, and there's a lot missing in the movie during the first bit. Seems that the battle scenes toward the end were extended to make audiences happy (the battle only lasts about 40-50 pages in the book) and the slower parts were taken out. Sure, they could've made the movie 3 1/2 hours long...

And after reading the book, I truly WISH that in the movie they would've had Jango's head roll out of his helmet when he hits the ground. :P

Naw. If they did that, then they would probably have to change the rating.

Buffy & Spike - get it oooon with da vamp, BEEEEOTCH!
etc.

WARNING!!! MOVIE SPOILERS WARNING!!!

I think many of the scenes were very cool and exciting, but the whole thing didn't fit together very well and many of the characters seem to lack any real motivation. It's still an ok movie and a must see for any Yoda fans of course.

DO NOT CONTINUE READING UNLESS YOU'VE SEEN THE MOVIE OR DON'T MIND SPOILERS

Yes, quite so Erik. Although you were being a tad generous with this statement. I was laughing throughout the movie because the acting was just so [heavy sarcasm]STELLAR[/heavy sarcasm] A memmorable part of the movie was when it appeared Anakin was having a wet dream about Natalie Portman; turned out he was supposed to be having a nightmare about his mother... hard to tell though. My favourite part of the movie, however, was when C3P0's head was replaced by one of the machine's in the part of the movie that was an advertisement for the next video game in the ever growing Lucas Franchise; C3P0 was the most entertaining part of the movie: he kept getting all confused about what was going on, at one point he started firing the gun of the machine's body he was attached to and couldn't understand why he was firing a gun. If the acting had been beyond a middle school level in this movie, perhaps a more significant event would have had a bigger impression on me than C3P0 had.
Another good part was when Anakin throws a little hissy fit about how he should be more powerful than he is and should be able to save his mother. Is this movie supposed to be a parody of the real movie? If so, when do we get to see the real thing? At any rate, the movie was funny, the action scenes were sorta cool, but mostly funny.. Go Yoda! A tip, though for next time Yoda, just move the people outta the way, instead of showing off your great use of the force by moving gigantic pillars from falling on the mildy injured, but altogether weak jedi (were they really hurt so bad the couldn't get up and fight some more, or at least move out of the way?)

But, in all seriousness, the atmosphere of the movie was very good. I felt I was transported to another world. But that didn't hide the fact that the acting seemed to be trying to be laughable (Natalie Portman was actually better in this movie than The Phantom Menace IMO) But overall, this hardly qualifies as an actual movie. There's better acting on the Sci Fi channel any given day of the weak than in this movie. I just kept expecting someone to crack up laughing or to yawn from boredom, or execuse themselves to go to the bathroom in the middle of an 'important' line. Secretly I thought (or I should say hoped) that what I was watching was not actually the movie but, rather a commercial. I kept expecting to see the the energizer bunny stroll through banging his drums. No such luck, though.

[edit] In retrospect, the acting wasn't altogether as bad as I made it sound, but it was bad, and at certain points unbearable. Another problem with this movie was the story was too complicated and detracting from the movie. Not fitting for a Star Wars film. No one wants to try to follow nicky picky politics in an action flick. These types of movies should have very straightford simple plotlines. Destroy bad guy, protect/save princess. Does anyone even remember what the Phantom Menace was about? I certainly don't, and my friend I saw AOTC with couldn't recall a bleepin' thing from the plot. Now Peter Jackson is someone who knows how to make you care about characters and plot. Give it up to Lord of the Rings to compensate for the fumbling failures of AOTC.

BARBAR SAVE PRINCESS! BARBAR CHOP EVIL WITCH! BARBAR LIVE HAPPILY EVER AFTER!

Hellbent said:

If the acting had been beyond a middle school level in this movie...

I thought this thread was about Star Wars, not the D&D movie ;)

Fredrik said:

Barbar the lamer

3rd most deserving of strangulation movie character ever

Hellbent said:

C3P0 was the most entertaining part of the movie: he kept getting all confused about what was going on, at one point he started firing the gun of the machine's body he was attached to and couldn't understand why he was firing a gun.

For some reason 3PO is much better in this movie than any of the others. He still whines a lot, but at least me makes cute puns in the process, instead of solely bitching and moaning about how fucked they all are.

Give it up to Lord of the Rings to compensate for the fumbling failures of AOTC.

I thought Lord of the Rings was shit. But that's just me and my strong dislike of all things fantastical.

Mithrandir said:

Barbar the oliphaunt?

ROFL. Babar. He was the shit when I was four =)

Archvile64 said:

For some reason 3PO is much better in this movie than any of the others. He still whines a lot, but at least me makes cute puns in the process, instead of solely bitching and moaning about how fucked they all are.

I actualy found the puns to be extremely annoying. I mean, I could think of better one whilst sitting on the crapper.

I thought Lord of the Rings was shit. But that's just me and my strong dislike of all things fantastical.

YOU DIE NOW!!!

Archvile64 said:

ROFL. Babar. He was the shit when I was four =)

Heh, Babar ruled.

I only remember one episode, I think they got stuck in some air balloon and couldn't get down.

Somehow they worked learning the alphabet into that situation.

I like kids stuff when I was a kid. I don't now. The only exception is TMNT (TURTLE POWER!!!!!)

Archvile64 said:

You die now!! oh wait, deadnail already said that...

Erik said:

You die now!! oh wait, deadnail already said that...

the_Danarchist...not deadnail.

<most insightful post of the year>

LOTR KICKS ASS!

</most insightful post of the year>

a) EpII might not have been as good as the originals, but it was sure better than EpI.
b) LOTR was spot on, with excellent acting and a perfect transition from the books to the screen.
*has his say and shuffles off to the corner*

Spike said:

a) EpII might not have been as good as the originals, but it was sure better than EpI.

IMO, this has been the best one yet.

b) LOTR was spot on, with excellent acting and a perfect transition from the books to the screen.
*has his say and shuffles off to the corner*

It was alright...don't know about the book though, never read it.

the_Danarchist said:

I actualy found the puns to be extremely annoying. I mean, I could think of better one whilst sitting on the crapper.

Yeah, but it was better than OH MY GOD WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE every three seconds.

YOU DIE NOW!!!

What, I don't like fantasy. Suck my dick :P