http://doomwiki.org/wiki/Master_Levels_for_Doom_II

I have played it when I was an adolescent , a few years ago :P

I still like them. My favorite is this:

http://doomwiki.org/wiki/MAP25:_Black_Tower_%28Master_Levels%29

The Black Tower!

Any thought?

Hug and kisses ;)

P.D.: I have edited the inicial post...

Asking for warez is prohibited here. Trust me, I did the same thing in the past and I got losered/banned for it. Don't make the same mistake I did please.

You gotta buy that shit; 20 separate WADs with no real cohesive structure outside of some poxy 'level select' shell warrants a price tag for some inexplicable reason.

Amazon or eBay are your best bet for the physical media, prices vary a lot so I suggest you shop around.

The Master Levels are also on Steam as part of their Doom Classic Complete bundle. If the price looks a bit steep and you're not in a hurry, wait for their next sale.

BaronOfStuff said:

You gotta buy that shit; 20 separate WADs with no real cohesive structure outside of some poxy 'level select' shell warrants a price tag for some inexplicable reason.

The leading source ports have better support for them now. In Eternity, if you have bought them on Steam, they will be automatically detected and can be started from the main menu as if they were part of the game. Due to Eternity's "managed mission pack" system, this in no way interferes with the ability to play the IWAD or PWADs.

Well I bought classic doom colection on steam recently.. to have some legal online backup in case that my CDs stop working or get lost..
and also to get master levels.

I heard that most of the levels suck, so..

What are, in your opinion, the best master levels in the collection?

Paradox, Geryon, Minos, Nessus and Subspace. Purely for the childhood memories on the PSX.

Master Levels? I would by no means say they suck. Some do (Chris Klie, anyone?), but Dr. Sleep's levels are all solid old school Dooming, and Sverre has some pretty good levels on the more puzzling side in it. And Paradox is rock solid.

I was just playin the master levels today actually. I like a lot of them, but ive got a new found love for vesperas, virgils lead, the catwalk, geryon, and titan manor

teeth.wad is still pretty sucky though

the master levels is a lot like doom 2 in the sense that there are some tricky traps and tough puzzles to solve. Theyre not like most conventional pwads. You dont get swarmed with monsters, but the maps arent very generous with ammo and powerups either. Its pretty good but the organization is shitty and ya gotta play them all from a pistol start, and im not even sure there is a correct order to play em in. Despite that its still an official id software endorsed product and its worth owning for that alone.

Master levels is the most sought after doom expansion for me. Actually bought it back in 2000 but never got to enjoy it fully (never played the master levels; only other wads on the CD which I enjoyed); mostly because of work, Quake 2 and Quake 3.

Catwalk was the most memorable level that I did play on playstation final doom around 1998-99 and again recently. Really like that level, but the more I've played psx doom the more I dislike psx final doom; it doesn't feel as good as the pc, levels are extremely cut down (final doom psx has about half the master levels missing) and resolution is awful (everything is shrunk down and distorted-stretched, and doom guy looks like he had plastic surgery). Actually find final doom playstation better in a way than doom 1+2 on playstation; besides being gimped. Prefer Super Nintendo Doom from all console ports actually; miss playing that back in 1995. Heck, I think I'm going to go buy SNES doom now.

Ended up selling PC doom master levels at some point (maybe lost it; can't remember)...

Want to play Master levels especially more now since Eternity is available and doesn't *&%$ up Doom like most modern source ports, and because I managed to improve midi playback (with Quasar and Fraggle's help). Forgot about Eternity's pwad-Master levels selection menu actually.

The Master Levels were truly masterful in their own ways.

Loved Dr. Sleep's maps. The dark spooky atmosphere and rusty feel to the maps, Geryon and Vesperas for example. The Bloodsea Keep was fun too. Titan Manor was another dark and spooky map with puzzles galore.