Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Springy

Plutonia 2 No Monsters demo pack [-complevel 4]

doomdaniel95 said:

I just now thought.. maybe 10sectors wads or 1024clau wads? Seems a little far-fetched, I know, but it might be fun.

Well, 10sector has demos by Opulent for almost every level (though I haven't checked if they're improvable). Personally, I don't think I'd enjoy 1024clau very much in no-monsters, since it seems like it will primarily involve eliminating tiny little bumps and movement issues in order to improve my times since the levels are so small and movement is so constrained.

I did consider 10 sectors but then declined the thought. I can see both 1024's being a little frustrating. Epic 2 came to mind but it has a lot of gliding potential which some players struggle with.

So PRCP is an ideal choice there. It hasn't very strong NoMos except Looper's MAP01 (we can just skip this map).

no need to, looper's 8s nomo missed a trick, so it's "easily" improvable.

dew said:

no need to, looper's 8s nomo missed a trick, so it's "easily" improvable.

I have 6.66s waiting for that demopack >:D It was done as a warmup for the monster run :p

Heh, I just now remembered cchests. Would those be good possiblities for nomonsters as well? Also, yes, how foolish of a keyboarder to suggest 1024clau maps. :P

JCD said:

MAP20 in 0:59

yay, below 1 minute :)

Very nice demo, JCD. :) That glide must've been hard.

I'm surprised nobody bothered to push my 54.14s MAP13 demo time down to a high 53. However, I did spend 2 hours after 54.14 trying to improve it, with unfortunately no luck. :/ Still, I'm defintiely not one of the stronger runners here.

Well, I already made four demos for KSutra in nomo; would like to release those in a demopack. Regardless of the wad, I'll try to participate in the demo pack, though.

doomdaniel95 said:

Heh, I just now remembered cchests. Would those be good possiblities for nomonsters as well?

Don't know much about the CChests at all.

4shockblast said:

Don't know much about the CChests at all.

I'd have to learn quite a few maps and play them a bit to get to know them better, but it'd be fun. For most maps, we'd probably have longer demos since cchest maps are big and don't have a lot of shortcuts. Actually, personally, I like that since it gives me a bit more of an excuse to have a few wallbumps in my demo. :P

doomdaniel95 said:

I'd have to learn quite a few maps and play them a bit to get to know them better, but it'd be fun. For most maps, we'd probably have longer demos since cchest maps are big and don't have a lot of shortcuts. Actually, personally, I like that since it gives me a bit more of an excuse to have a few wallbumps in my demo. :P

The newest one, CC4, is really under-demoed actually, it has almost no nomo-demos at all. But as you said it has quite a few long maps and few shortcuts. I dunno what most speeders here think about that.

CC 1/2/3/4 isn't very good choice IMO, long maps and almost no shortcuts.

I've played them but that was years ago (apart from CC4 I haven't played much of), so I won't be too good at that just like the other packs.

Plut said:

Why not PRCP?

Not got anything against it, just I recall some people earlier said they don't know it to well. It will definitely get done though. I have a demo prepared for a thread.

Springy said:

Not got anything against it, just I recall some people earlier said they don't know it to well.

I thought that's a good thing.

Looper said:

yet you left yesterday's ksutra survival for exactly that reason. :)

JCD said:

OMG, I don't understand what I just did ...

ha, nice. wait, you didn't know you'd get the vile?

dew said:

yet you left yesterday's ksutra survival for exactly that reason. :)

True that :) But kimo was doing too good job, so I barely managed to leave starting room :D

dew said:

ha, nice. wait, you didn't know you'd get the vile?

I wanted to get the vile, but it was too early :p

Looper said:

Well, yes it is but some people gave the impression that it was bad.

I didn't see p230o033 in the archive either. Also, will all the demos that were beaten get uploaded to the DSDA as well?

Sorry, thanks! dew's MAP30 run is added.

4shockblast said:

Also, will all the demos that were beaten get uploaded to the DSDA as well?

Does it make any sense?

Speed isn't everything, so slower demos can be interesting as well, sometimes even more interesting. For example, doom.wad e4m3 is very easy on Nightmare if you use the SR50 jump, but try to beat it using the normal route. Also it is cool to see the competition on a map, how the time was improving, what route changes were done, etc. Beaten demos should definitely be preserved imo.

4shockblast said:

I didn't see p230o033 in the archive either. Also, will all the demos that were beaten get uploaded to the DSDA as well?

Andy is pretty good about getting all the demos, so I'm pretty sure they will be uploaded. For instance, he's going to upload improved demos from the Doom the Way id Did Pack that became unavailable like a year ago (He downloaded them back then and held onto them until the pack was finished).