Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

This is the first map I've worked on in over 15 years. It doesn't look like much now, and I've still got a lot of work to do.

I meant to post this an the image thread. Sorry about that.

walter confalonieri said:

eh, no problem, it could be moved in the WADS & MODS section...

anyway, cool looking so far!

Thanks.

I have a tendency to spend days on a map, only to delete everything and start over.

Seems pretty bland now, but it has the potential to become something cool, just like those lights you made.

Texture work looks pretty ok to me, not much of errors or misalignment. If at all, actually.

Dagger147 said:

Thanks.

I have a tendency to spend days on a map, only to delete everything and start over.

A highly recommended line of action that I fully endorse for any mapping project. It greatly improves the result.

Nice ceiling work. Looks to be some kind of atrium or garden.
The two dividing walls do not seem to fit that theme.

My recommendations are that you should decide on a theme, or purpose for the room and adjust those walls to fit it. For example, an atrium would have low dividers for visibility, provide space, and connect passages.
An industrial room would not likely have such a fancy skylight.
A connecting passage outside of industrial labs might fit with both design elements.

Captain Sugar Tits said:

Your map is a hell of a lot better than my first and only map.

LOL IMAGE!

In the 5th image, the soul wall thingy is scrolling left.

EDIT: In the 1st image, the crevice is full of blood

I've been mapping on and off for about 3 or 4 years (mostly off) and that's better than anything I've done. So well done, Ness.

The three hallways remind me of the opening level of Quake. Good skylight detailing. Good mix of non- and orthogonal walls. Not too sure about those ceiling lights, but if this is indeed your first map in fifteen years, I'd say you're getting back into the swing of things nicely.

Thanks all.

I've done a lot of remodeling, so it doesn't look anything like the image I posted. Like I said before, I tend to add some here and there and then delete the entire thing and start over.