Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cannonball

The royal baby is born, time to be driven mad by the news

So today the child of Prince William and Catherine Middleton was born
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23413653
And it's everywhere interrupting every British tv station.
First of all of course congratulations to the royal couple.
But I must stress that the inevitability of this being the top news story for weeks, random pointless information being drilled into our heads every 5 minutes leaves me feeling a little queasy to say the least. I have an asylum on speed dial.
What are other peoples thoughts from UK doomers and of course those who live outside of this little island.

Woohoo more less-than-pertinent slog to clog up the news pipeline and block stories that actually matter! And I thought the George Zimmerman case was going to ride the month out.

Bah! Perfect silly season fodder - though it may engulf the news agenda so much that we hear no more on the woman who took her horse to McDonalds, which would be a real shame. Anyway, it will keep me from listening to the news for the next couple of days. But, residing in France, I'm quite well insulated from all the pomp, thank fuck.

cannonball said:

What are other peoples thoughts from UK doomers

This is such a non-event. Scroungers who live on taxpayer's money have children all the time.

Americans give so much shit about this that I've been watching the news all day and it was never mentioned.

darknation said:

hope it's ginger

I wanted to come here and say that this event is pointless unless the kid turned out to be prince harrys, or black. Of course if it were either of these things we'd never know about it anyway.

Krispy said:

Americans give so much shit about this that I've been watching the news all day and it was never mentioned.

because the story is actually very recent?

More like time to not give a shit, in my neck of the woods.

All day today on the radio in bumfuck nowhere usa where I live, we got status updates every hour on the hour about the duchess of cornhole or whatever and her soon-to-be spawn.

Rich people. Man they get talked about.

Oh the peons wants to know about our New World Order anti-Christ demon spawn. Oh, let them look at it for a few seconds, then release the trap door to send them straight to the pit. Oh Ohhhh.

Mom turned on the news today and this is all that's been on. Madness! You'd think it was Jesus' birth that just happened.

I hope it's transgendered so we can have awesome headlines in the future: "The Prince Who Would Be Queen!"

It boggles my mind why people in different countries than England (like mine) care about the royal family.

What has royalty ever done for this day and age besides taking taxes to fill their wallets.

DooM_RO said:

It boggles my mind why people in different countries than England (like mine) care about the royal family.

Well, half the world is part of the Commonwealth of Nations, so they still have some ties to England, if not outright recognizing the Queen and King as their "presidents".

DooM_RO said:

Australia seems to be split roughly 50/50 between Monarchists and Republicans but it's not a big enough issue to spark a civil war.

Congratulations to the happy parents, though I expect by the time their son's entitled to sit on the throne it'll be as a photo opportunity for Chinese tourists traipsing through Buck House.

I honestly couldn't give any less fucks about all this fuss. I mean it's just the baby of a royal couple, right?

MFG38 said:

I honestly couldn't give any less fucks about all this fuss. I mean it's just the baby of a royal couple, right?

That's true, but this baby is most likely going to be king one day.

At any rate, it's actually kind of cool that Kate Middleton is related to Cronos, leader singer of Venom. She used to hang out with them at band rehearsals. However, she snubbed him, when it came to invitations to royal functions (Bitch).

I heard someone on the news say, "This is the first half-commoner to be born into the Royal family", as if its a different race or something. The Windsors are nothing but a bunch of welfare bums, sucking the life-blood out of the British people.

eargoesdown's (I think?) IDGAF cheat would be great for threads like this.

EDIT: BBC News expands by not just going on about the royal baby, but in fact going on to tell stories about random baby's that are of no significance whatsoever. Seriously, I get that some people are psyched by the royal baby, but does the British public really need to learn about baby Genericname from Genericsville, also born yesterday?

Oh the reptoid has eyes to glow at the üntermensch below it's massive palace, ooohhhh. The future dictator of Great Britain. The Windsors aren't even British, they're a German royal family who had the surname of Bauer, then Saxburg-Gotha then Windsor. Traitors!

Good to know royalty can still procreate. With all the medical care available today, their gametes still have a chance.