Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
N00b

GameSpots 11 minute video

Hello,

as we all know, gamespot showed for paying registered users a 11 minute video from e3. so as it's possible with the right tools to capture that stuff (like HyperCam), someone must have a copy of that?

if yes, please post here, i can offer ftp.

thanx a lot!

Yes, completely different. Its all in game Doom3 footage running real time for a duration of 11 minutes. It was in the booth, behind closed doors for a limited audience of 30 people at a time. Apparently it rocked bigtime.

I hope we get to see it some how, some way. I don't think id will officially release it to the public.

Er, I'm a Gamespot Complete member, and they didn't show that 11 minute video - the main exclusive we got was an interview and Q&A with Tim Willits. The footage may have been a bit different then, but not so different that you people who didn't pay are horribly deprived.

thanx for the nfo postal...

do you remember anything significant from that interview?

Hm - my memory of it isn't exact (probably should've come in here right after it finished), but there were no surprise revelations about the game. I do remember it being somewhat useful though... just don't ask me how! :P

Weedster said:

I would kill to get that video...no joke.

Start with orion and I might just go to great lengths to get you that video.

Our hero comes down an elevator shaft with his combat helmet in hand, exposing his face. As the elevator comes to a halt, the camera goes to a close-up shot of his face as he looks around suspiciously, and lets out that familiar Doom snarling sound.

Say what? "The familiar Doom snarling sound"??? What the Hell is that?
The only sounds the Doomguy ever made in the old Doom games was the "nghhhghh!" (grunting pain sound) and the "ungh" when he either searches a wall for secrets or lands on the floor from high up - oh yeah, and then of course two death screams.

a smaller four-legged zombie with incredible leaping skills and the ability to throw fireballs. The speedy jumping zombie reminded me a lot of the Reaper from Quake 1 with its ability to gobble up huge distances with one quick jump

Goddammit, how the fuck could they even DOUBT that this is the imp?
"A four-legged zombie", lol.
And I see that they don't get their facts right either. Wtf is a "reaper"? Don't they mean the "Fiend"?

I watched the Gamepost live interview with Tim on Wednesday night I think it was, and it was very VERY impressive. I was going to record it but my WMP just, well fooked up.

IT was definalty not the 11 min movie being shown at E3 because this was very patchy and showed lots of differnet things.

the demo showed alot of what we had seen in the 7 min Legacy movie with some extra.

- It showed a sequence of clips of different enemies just standing there on screen.

- A really cool part was the camera watching a human marine walk up to a balcony. Then we saw 3 skulls, oh bugger what are they called, these guys http://www.doomworld.com/shots/e32k2/ss26.jpg flying in and out of the marine.. swirlying around him. They where kinda transparent and left a nice trail behind them as they flew. The camera then panned into to see the marines face.. he look horrified and really looked shit scared. Very cool

- Another scene was a better bathroom scene. The camera showed a marine (Tim said this is the player) in a dark corner of a room. You saw him waiting for something to happen. Then the beast we all know and love came into the bathroom and started to play with the corpse. We again saw the marine hide (in 3rd person, seeing the marine in full) behind a wall (possibly in the hallway outside the bathroom, i cnt remember) watching the beast in the bathroom. The player was crouching holding his weapon. Then the player made himself known and he shot at the monster.... then sorry i cant remember. I think the monster had a go at the marine..

The marine looked very similar to the marine we can see being modeled in the 7 min legacy movie. Only his helmet was flip down. I know this is the player because Tim said so.

I remember just lots of hall ways and scenes from the Legacy movie.

I should have cam cordered it really but it was 2 in the morning :)

Sorry its all patchy but it was acouple of days ago and very late at night :)

Sev

dsm said:

Say what? "The familiar Doom snarling sound"??? What the Hell is that?

Had it occured to you that maybe they mean a monster sound, and not a player sound ?

dsm said:

Goddammit, how the fuck could they even DOUBT that this is the imp?...And I see that they don't get their facts right either. Wtf is a "reaper"? Don't they mean the "Fiend"?

Stop the swearing and stop being so goddamn aggressive about things. That's an order.

Sev said:
Then we saw 3 skulls, oh bugger what are they called, these guys http://www.doomworld.com/shots/e32k2/ss26.jpg flying in and out of the marine.. swirlying around him. They where kinda transparent and left a nice trail behind them as they flew.

Pardon me, but why do you (and anyone else who saw this demo) call these for "skulls"? As far as I can see from that concept sketch it looks nowhere NEAR a skull - looks more like a severed parasite head (y'know, the four-legged dog cyborg from Quake 2) with a rocket engine (frankly, I really dislike this rocket engine - it seems so horribly cheesy and "un-soul" like, seeing as they're supposed to be "lost souls"). (Hope I didn't seem aggressive, because I'm not - just terribly hurt).

The marine looked very similar to the marine we can see being modeled in the 7 min legacy movie. Only his helmet was flip down.

Yess!!!! I KNEW it!!!! The helmet could be flipped down :-))))))
Tell me, does the flipped down version of that helmet look anywhere like the Q3A Doomguy model's helmet or the original Doomguy helmet?

Another thing: One of the "impressions" revealed that the shotgun could be reloaded. Do you remember how it is reloaded? Like, do we see the marine's hand insert individual shells into it?

Had it occured to you that maybe they mean a monster sound, and not a player sound ?

All right, I'll quote it again just for you.

Our hero comes down an elevator shaft with his combat helmet in hand, exposing his face. As the elevator comes to a halt, the camera goes to a close-up shot of his face as he looks around suspiciously, and lets out that familiar Doom snarling sound.

Now that pretty much seems to me like the Doomguy's the one who emits the snarling. You may be right that it's a monster sound, but either way, this was written in a confusing way - misunderstandings are BOUND to occur.

dsm: there is no doubt that the "cyborg heads" are the new lost souls...sorry.

sorry about the skulls :) i was just trying to get my thoughts down. But they did look like skulls to me on the gamepost interview.

I remember clearly one lost soul (thank you btw) screatching a the camera. Man they looks AMAZING!. Just imagine a classic doom one brought right up to date and it is exaclty as u imagine.

From what I remember the doom guy didnt look much like the Doom guy from, eerm Doom :) However dont hold me to this. He seemed much more agile. His armour was much closer to his skin and was.. well go look at the Legacy movie. As far as i can remember it looked very similar to that. He had separate leg ( upper and lower leg, and separate arm (upper and lower arm) parts to his armour to allow movement. His torso looked kinda like Star Ship Troopers armour.. again dont hold me to this :)

As for the flip down, his helmet was in very heavy shadow so I dont remember what it looked like only that it was flip down. When we saw the player hiding from the monster in the bathroom he was again in shadow so I couldnt make out his helmet.

The shot gun was not in the Gamepost interview movie so i dont know :(

Sev said:sorry about the skulls :) i was just trying to get my thoughts down. But they did look like skulls to me on the gamepost interview.

Oh you don't need to apologize, I do not hold you accountable - if you thought I was, I'M the one to apologize.

From what I remember the doom guy didnt look much like the Doom guy from, eerm Doom :) However dont hold me to this. He seemed much more agile. His armour was was much closer to his skin and was.. well go look at the Legacy movie. As far as i can remember it looked very similar to that.

Well, in the legacy movie, we see him talking for a brief moment - same animation as in the Macworld video. Now, I've cross-examined that particular animation and concluded that he is indeed the doomguy from the face in the old Doom's UI. So I'd say that the old Doomguy is back. About the rest of him: If the armour is similar to the macworld video, then we already know that it looks a little different from the old armour (albeit much, much cooler). And while I'm at it, I'll ask another question: Did he wear camouflaged army pants like that tentacle-arm zombie at the start of the Legacy movie? Did you see his boots? If yes, what did they look like?

oh blimey... ummm I dont think he had trousers on (yes im british they are TROUSERS!!!!! :) lol ) I believe he had armour on his legs. And boots... no soz dont remember.

This is such a fast moving conversation :)

gamepost = gamespot spelt wrong :) or in a hurry :)

Sev said:

oh blimey... ummm I dont think he had trousers on (yes im british they are TROUSERS!!!!! :) ) I believe he had armour on his legs. And boots... no soz dont remember.

Oh? The British STILL say "trousers"? Okeydokey. I've just got used to all these people calling them "pants" - used to get associations to "underpants" when I heard that years ago, lol.
Armour on his legs? Hm, definitely different from the old Doom - I hope it looks cool.

Sev said:

oh blimey... ummm I dont think he had trousers on (yes im british they are TROUSERS!!!!! :) lol ) I believe he had armour on his legs. And boots... no soz dont remember.

This is such a fast moving conversation :)

Didn't you say the marine was that guy at 4:43, Legacy?

No im saying as a reference he looked very similar to that. Thats the closest looking refenence ive got. He didnt look identical to that, just similar, same style. Take away the oxygen tanks on his back though. But remember this was 2 in the morning, and i havent remembered all the details.

sev: That interview at gamePOST must be archived somewhere. Was it with Tim Hollenshead?

well according to gamespot it was a one off 'streaming live' interview. Ive looked in the archives and cant find it. And because it was streaming i doubt i will.

Shaviro said:

Didn't you say the marine was that guy at 4:43, Legacy?

That guy looks like an almost fully metallic critter - doesn't look anything like a marine.

dsm said:

That guy looks like an almost fully metallic critter - doesn't look anything like a marine.

No. I didn't think either. Maybe this is the new cacodemon!&%"&

ye ive seen that. But the stream looks locked and the link for 'full story' takes me to something about Panzar Dragoon :)

edit - nope thats legacy