• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MFG38

A map in 50 lines or less

Download link:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/r18asifajfvigtg/DpItzanwFT/50lines.wad

The story behind the concept:
Once upon a time (read: 15 minutes ago), I got the most random idea: make a Doom map in 50 lines or less. 5 minutes (or less) later, I ended up with a small, compact, not-detailed-at-all map with an elevator, a staircase and some zombiemen in it.

This is just one map for now, I might expand this into a bigger project later.

The stairs weren't a good idea. They eat linedefs, and are unnecessary anyway as you only go down them.

Maps like this aren't that interesting unless there's a hell lot of them with different layouts, so it provides varied inspirative styles and more than 15 seconds of gameplay. If it actually took you five minutes to build, you'd make a megawad in few hours :)

MFG38 said:

Once upon a time (read: 15 minutes ago), I got the most random idea: make a Doom map in 50 lines or less.

Yes, random... doubt it had anything to do with the multiple 100 lines projects floating around recently...

Don't make me do a 50-Lines episode. I don't think I could manage the anguish at trying to squeeze any amount of gameplay from that kind of limitation, 100 Lines drove me crazy over 10+ maps.

I said barely-functional. I think the fact it is only one sector may have something to do with the behaviour.

Jayextee said:

I made a fully barely-functional level in 3 lines.

EDIT

Oh yeah, I should mention that it's E2M8. And completable.

Very clever Mr. Jay.

The fact that this map also has deathmatch starts made me laugh. Attention to detail is important. :D