Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Koko Ricky

So who wants to meet up at QuakeCon?

None of my friends are going. They're either busy or just plain uninterested. I feel a bit alienated about going by myself, and figured this might be a fun opportunity to finally meet some of the forum-goers in real life. Among other things, I'm interested in having someone playtest a couple of my Doom maps, and getting real time feedback would be interesting. Anyway, I know this is supremely dorky and maybe a bit loner-ish, but I think it could be a lot of fun and just figured I'd throw it out there.

I've been considering going once I have the economy for it. So, it's possible that I will get there by 2014.

I would've man but I'm too poor to leave grey old Britland in order to pursue Quake con. I might hopefully go next year if I can afford to leave this junk of a country for a bit.

printz said:

Let's hope for Doom 4 news!

Won't happen since we now know that the last 4 or so years of work on that game have been for nothing, and that they are basically starting from scrach.

True, but blue-balling fans for the fifth time in a row with utterly no relevant information is just cruel. Carmack's gotta give us something; if not concept art then at least one or two things to expect.

If I weren't living on the other side of the world, I would come every year.

Oh, and there will be no Doom 4...again (dammit can't find the source)

DooM_RO said:

Oh, and there will be no Doom 4...again (dammit can't find the source)

We won't be seeing anything for a long time.

GoatLord said:

None of my friends are going. They're either busy or just plain uninterested. I feel a bit alienated about going by myself, and figured this might be a fun opportunity to finally meet some of the forum-goers in real life. Among other things, I'm interested in having someone playtest a couple of my Doom maps, and getting real time feedback would be interesting. Anyway, I know this is supremely dorky and maybe a bit loner-ish, but I think it could be a lot of fun and just figured I'd throw it out there.

Ha, I know how you feel about going by yourself. I went in 2008 and 2010, and both times I was alone. If I had plans of going this year, I'd be totally down for meeting up with you and any other members here in person.

GoatLord said:

True, but blue-balling fans for the fifth time in a row with utterly no relevant information is just cruel. Carmack's gotta give us something; if not concept art then at least one or two things to expect.

You should've been there in 2010, since Todd H. had all but flat-out said they were going to be showing it that year... we get to the key note after a year worth of anticipation, Todd takes the stage and says 'now, I know you guys want to see Doom 4, but we just didn't feel ready to show it yet.' Gee man, thanks for the pointless cocktease.

So last year I just walked in on like the second or third day and got reservations, no problem. I checked the hotel's website and called, turns out they were filled to capacity yesterday. So I won't be going. Sorry!

What do you guys think about the stuff shown this year so far? I gotta say that Elder Scrolls Online looks like utter turd. At least there is Wolfenstein show...

Also, they are showing art of Hugo Martin today, so maybe we will see some art at least related to Doom4.