Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cannonball

The royal baby is born, time to be driven mad by the news

I don't give two shits it's not a member of my family or any of yours I fail to see how this is "big" news. This sort of stuff being televised makes our country look pathetic if I'm honest. Congrats to them I guess.... but it really doesn't need to be taking over the news when there's more important stuff in the world that needs to be televised and is ended up shunned due to someone giving birth.

It astonishes me how much people in the USA seem to care about this, and how they think I must care simply because I sound British. Each time I hear the words "new prince", I wonder if "Purple Rain 2" is being made, before realizing what they're actually talking about.

I'm almost tempted to put on a crappy fake American accent, like I have to do in order to understood by Delta's automated call system. "Aa would laak to aalter maa reservaashun".

TheCupboard said:

Good to know royalty can still procreate. With all the medical care available today, their gametes still have a chance.

it's not just medicine. they're breeding with the common folk lately, so i'm afraid their genes might be improving.

Doomhuntress said:

i like babies. lets hope this one doesn't turn into a spoiled, British bastard. :3c

...turn into?

Anyway. Woman gives birth! So fucking what, who wants toast?

dew said:

it's not just medicine. they're breeding with the common folk lately, so i'm afraid their genes might be improving.

Yep, a classic example of using mongrel vigor to improve the species.

Doomhuntress said:

i like babies. lets hope this one doesn't turn into a spoiled, British bastard. :3c

Don't be hating on the Brits, mate. :P

(I'm American btw)

BaronOfStuff said:

Anyway. Woman gives birth! So fucking what, who wants toast?

Toast is delicious.

Mr. Chris said:

I can care less about some royal family's childbirth.

Implying that you do care somewhat, and certainly more than I do at that.

DooM_RO said:

It boggles my mind why people in different countries than England (like mine) care about the royal family.

I feel you. It boggles my mind how other Britons care about the royal family.

They stopped being relevant 800 years ago, FYI.

DoomUK said:

They stopped being relevant 800 years ago, FYI.

It was certainly the 'first' (and arguably biggest) step, but all in all it's closer to 400 years since the Royals became something of a traditional spectacle to point and gawk at in wonder more than anything else.

Although now I can only laugh now that he's been named George. Yes, we have a Prince George.

Toast is delicious.

Toast is far more interesting than a royal spawnling. You can't stick a baby in a toaster and put butter on it afterwards, or make a grilled-cheese sandwich out of it.

A human baby is too big to fit into a toaster. If you try too hard, you'll just ruin the toaster. (And the baby. But I suppose you didn't care about that if you were trying to toast it in the first place.)

Gez said:

A human baby is too big to fit into a toaster.

Not if you build a huge-ass toaster the size of a house.

Gez said:

A human baby is too big to fit into a toaster. If you try too hard, you'll just ruin the toaster. (And the baby. But I suppose you didn't care about that if you were trying to toast it in the first place.)

In ye olde days (ok 15 years ago) we toasted things under the grill of an oven. The baby could fit in there.
Wow how has this thread descended into eating babies :P

cannonball said:

Wow how has this thread descended into eating babies :P

Because we're a bitter and twisted bunch of basement dwellers. Anyone have a recipe fit for a prince?

The pit demon baby will grow up to become the third and final Anti-Christ and rule Earth via a tyrannical world government and controlling fields where humans are grown, not born. Oh yeah. Bring it on demon spawn.

gggmork v.0.67 said:

The pit demon baby will grow up to become the third and final Anti-Christ and rule Earth via a tyrannical world government and controlling fields where humans are grown, not born. Oh yeah. Bring it on demon spawn.

You'll have to expand on this a little if you want carve out a niche for yourself as Doomworld's Craziest Member.