Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ralphis

Odamex 0.6.4 released

Odamex 0.6.4 has been released. The new version features a number of bug fixes and some larger additions. Leading the way in additions is the ability to change your FPS from the standard Doom 35 tics. Clients can now uncap the FPS entirely or choose from standard values in the video options menu. Widescreen modes now also pillar box and letter box, depending on resolution (and preference). Some Windows users who had issues with SDL's mouse issues will benefit from the addition of raw mouse input. For a full list of changes, visit Odamex.net.

When I try to compile it (Debian testing), at 62%, I have an error:

[ 62%] Building CXX object server/CMakeFiles/odasrv.dir/__/common/i_net.cpp.o
~/jeux/doom/ports/odamex/odamex-src-0.6.4/common/i_net.cpp: In function ‘void init_upnp()’:
~/jeux/doom/ports/odamex/odamex-src-0.6.4/common/i_net.cpp:152:80: error: too many arguments to function ‘UPNPDev* upnpDiscover(int, const char*, const char*, int)’
In file included from ~/jeux/doom/ports/odamex/odamex-src-0.6.4/common/i_net.cpp:99:0:
/usr/include/miniupnpc/miniupnpc.h:45:26: note: declared here
~/jeux/doom/ports/odamex/odamex-src-0.6.4/common/i_net.cpp:154:25: error: ‘UPNPDISCOVER_SUCCESS’ was not declared in this scope
~/jeux/doom/ports/odamex/odamex-src-0.6.4/common/i_net.cpp:180:61: error: too many arguments to function ‘void* miniwget(const char*, int*)’
In file included from ~/jeux/doom/ports/odamex/odamex-src-0.6.4/common/i_net.cpp:98:0:
/usr/include/miniupnpc/miniwget.h:19:16: note: declared here
~/jeux/doom/ports/odamex/odamex-src-0.6.4/common/i_net.cpp:187:51: error: too many arguments to function ‘void GetUPNPUrls(UPNPUrls*, IGDdatas*, const char*)’
In file included from ~/jeux/doom/ports/odamex/odamex-src-0.6.4/common/i_net.cpp:99:0:
/usr/include/miniupnpc/miniupnpc.h:96:14: note: declared here
~/jeux/doom/ports/odamex/odamex-src-0.6.4/common/i_net.cpp: In function ‘void upnp_add_redir(const char*, int)’:
~/jeux/doom/ports/odamex/odamex-src-0.6.4/common/i_net.cpp:238:84: error: too many arguments to function ‘int UPNP_AddPortMapping(const char*, const char*, const char*, const char*, const char*, const char*, const char*, const char*)’
In file included from ~/jeux/doom/ports/odamex/odamex-src-0.6.4/common/i_net.cpp:100:0:
/usr/include/miniupnpc/upnpcommands.h:123:1: note: declared here
~/jeux/doom/ports/odamex/odamex-src-0.6.4/common/i_net.cpp: In function ‘bool NetWaitOrTimeout(size_t)’:
~/jeux/doom/ports/odamex/odamex-src-0.6.4/common/i_net.cpp:1027:44: warning: narrowing conversion of ‘((ms * 1000u) + 1u)’ from ‘size_t {aka unsigned int}’ to ‘__suseconds_t {aka long int}’ inside { } is ill-formed in C++11 [-Wnarrowing]
make[2]: *** [server/CMakeFiles/odasrv.dir/__/common/i_net.cpp.o] Erreur 1
make[1]: *** [server/CMakeFiles/odasrv.dir/all] Erreur 2
make: *** [all] Erreur 2
Do you want the other warning before?

I get the same error on my installation of Debian Testing (Jessie) as well.

Here is the output of cmake and make.

Please run make like this:

make VERBOSE=1

Also, please consider filing a bug report on odamex.net. Thanks.

As a temporary fix, try opening up server/CMakeLists.txt and commenting out line 32 so it looks like so:

#find_package(MiniUPnPc)
Then, regenerate your buildfiles (cmake ..) and try to compile again.

I asked about this on the Steam group announcement already, but is there a 0.6.4 Windows build of the 32-bit renderer available, like there was for 0.6.3? I'm missing it already.

The uncapped framerate option in this version is great, and it might be placebo but my mouse feels better.

Dragonsbrethren said:

The uncapped framerate option in this version is great, and it might be placebo but my mouse feels better.

The new raw mouse is super great and mostly everyone I've spoken to (windows users) thinks it feels a lot better. Rend32 version probably incoming tomorrow or thereabouts