Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

Nearly, it's a mix of rock and ice. It's just Eris (not me) as seen from orbit, because the secret level is set on the moon.

Come to think of it, this makes said moon look like crap. I think I'll abandon the burning world idea.

I referred more to the red/orange. I wonder if it would look better without that...
The problem with it going is that the fire is an excuse to have some burning fire sprites abusing dynamic lights. Not that I want this project to be lag-fest.

Eris Falling said:

Nearly, it's a mix of rock and ice. It's just Eris (not me) as seen from orbit, because the secret level is set on the moon.

Come to think of it, this makes said moon look like crap. I think I'll abandon the burning world idea.

Fifth Element Doom?

mrthejoshmon said:

I like the look of this, is it rock or snow covering it?

Most likely frozen methane.

Da Werecat said:

Adobe Photoshop has some problems reading PCX images generated by Doom. You need to switch image mode from grayscale to indexed...

Embarrassing! Adobe PhotoShop can't tell greyscale from palette PCX? ... Well, I mentioned some freeware viewers which work correctly. I bet gimp-win as editor will do as well.

joe-ilya said:

Stuff for my planned megawad : Doom 2 the way joe did

The screenshots and the monsters seem to be stretched.

I am still on this mansion, nowhere near done yet so I decided to improve existing areas:
An outdoor area, a possible mancubus/arachnotron encounter (The brown mass in the brick area lowers down, I think imps/hellknights would do the trick though due to the crates):

I made the chandelier look more like something:

The poor mans room again:

And dat pillar room:

That last shot is your best yet, mrthejoshmon. If those are separate pillars on the right of the image, you could try having them more spaced out, or have less of them, to let the sky through a bit more

-----

Compare
Dysnomia before

Dysnomia now

Dark area in the middle makes it look like a giant black donut.

I'm hungry now.

Jayextee said:

Dark area in the middle makes it look like a giant black donut.

I'm hungry now.

Doesn't that look more like a giant burnt donut?

BloodyAcid said:

Doesn't that look more like a giant burnt donut?

Eris has destroyed doughnut land, he must be destroyed :P
Obvious Zdoom pwad playing as a doughnut incoming, face it, the adventures of square has nothing on this idea :P

Jay, if a black donut makes you hungry, then I wouldn't be you in the middle of a desert after weeks of starving... :P

durian said:

Well, that's DOOM! But thanks :)

Of course it is, but that doesn't diminish the fact that that looks fantastic!

mrthejoshmon: Maybe the fireplace should be something else than that panel woodstuff?

Hurricyclone: Some of those grey lamps would fit to the ceiling.

--

I made some flying monster, based on some old monster design, but with some changes. It spits acid and stabs with the spike hands:

Yea, it does need a name. Currently I'm just calling it Monster B.

Also I just realised I made the model/texture/animations in just two days. Earlier it used to take me months... It will still need some damage textures and a model for the acid spit, so if particle effects are disabled it would be visible.

@ Jimi: Looks cool. How they sound/move/play within the game will dictate how creepy they actually are, though. Think of Minecraft's Creeper, and how iconic it's become, because of a few very basic properties / attributes. Re naming your monster: What is their primary function 1) in the game, and 2) in the lore? Also within the lore, who is naming them -- humans, other monsters, game manual writers? The incisors-for-arms paired with the empty gas mask make them look like viscera extractors of some sort. At least to me.

If you're out of ideas you can always just throw some French and Latin at them and see what sticks.

That Monster B is kind of like the flying thing from Quake 4's Strogg Medical Facility level (They fly, throw acid and stab you!).

Yes, the scientist.

Improvements such as less pillars blocking the sky and texture variation added to the map now:

And this room I am trying out, have no ideas on what to do with it right now: