Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Katamori

RotT Remake soundtrack - do you like it?

So far, the only track I've heard that really "gets it right" is Run Like Smeg. I'm a bit disappointed that the "Classic Mode" just makes the music sound like it's coming over MS GS Synthesizer, which is just wrong.

Suck This and I Choose The Stairs got remade quite poorly.

Excalibur, Spray and OWW I couldn't even recognize.

Fastway, Smeg, CCCool and Task Force are my favs.

I haven't listened to all the new tracks (because they're not playing in game) but generally I like it. Some of them are really cool, others a bit cheesy but I enjoy them anyway. Havana Smooth, Smoke and Mirrors are amongst my favourites. CCCool is pretty good but it's not in-game. I don't know why they decided to reuse tracks rather than have something new in every level.

I adore it. Been listening to Chant and Funeral for Queen Mary repeatedly one after another for several days now. Some remakes turned out to be quite far from their originals (like Excalibur, I can't even hear the old lines), but still it's some great music which is better than the game itself for me.
I'd like to hear You Suck remade as well... *sigh*

I'm on the fence with these remakes. I'm not sure how I feel about the electric guitars in these songs. The original songs didn't use a lot of electric guitar, although I'm not sure what kind of synthetic instruments would sound better, I'm still having trouble giving these remakes a place in my heart. I haven't heard all of them yet, but I would like to hear Lee Jackson's (original ROTT music composer) opinion on them, and if they sound anything like he intended for them.

afaik he was extatic about fastway back in 2012, so i assume he thinks it's awesome they give his music this much attention. plus he probably gets some money from it.

40oz said:

I'm not sure how I feel about the electric guitars in these songs.

Just my opnion, but I'm a so hardcore heavy metal fan that there's almost nothing I don't like that contains electric guitar. Same here: it gives me the feeling of METALIZATION, which rarely can be bad for me.

40oz said:

I haven't heard all of them yet, but I would like to hear Lee Jackson's (original ROTT music composer) opinion on them, and if they sound anything like he intended for them.

Lee Jackson actually contacted them under the development and gave the composer feedback on the remixes he was creating! so he is very much aware of that this is a thing and he approves of it.

I prefer listening to the "classic" soundtrack while playing. The remade songs are decent but some of them bear no resemblance to the originals and/or don't have as much personality as the originals. Kind of a good analog for the rest of the game. Pretty good but not as good.