Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mystery Man in 3D

How many of you are able to play DOOM at work?

I work at a factory in Traverse City MI, and am allowed to play DOOM on my laptop whenever there's no work to be done, which happens to be one of those days. :P.

Not only that, I was even able to get away with putting DOOM and DOOM II on their game computer, as I used the GBA versions. :D

So, as the title says, who here are lucky enough to be able to play our beloved shooter at work?

traverse city ey? dem cherries.

also no way I could get away with doomin' on the job, closest I get is having a doomworld tab open in the background to peruse occasionally :)

I don't have a job and the job I applied for is in a retail store so I doubt they'd let me play Doom on a laptop while I'm putting things on shelves or working the till, unless I do it on a break or something. I doubt I'd bother bringing in a laptop to work just to play Doom for 30 minutes though, especially since I have it on my phone.

Not on the job though. I don't really like playing it on my phone anyway, it's actually a lot more difficult due to bad controls, I died on the first level of Doom 2 on UV, and in the first section of TNT on UV, when normally I don't actually take any damage at all.

would be nice to have a thread where we talk about jobs where you are allowed (or can easily get away with) playing Doom at work. No time for Doom at my job, but it would be nice to get my fill while I'm away from the girlfriend.

I wouldn't want to be able to play Doom at my job, because then I would end up playing Doom during the spots of time when I'm supposed to be actually working.

Doom. Not even once.

My arduous physical labor on a daily basis involves me being nowhere near a computer 95% of the time. The other 5% of the time, it's not my computer to use.

But I get my fill at home, since I have nothing else to do, live alone, and I've learned how to do my "chores" procedurally during the week and only spend like 30 minutes a day doing anything around the house.

I work in the home of a couple adults with mental handicaps when they're not at their own day jobs. On weekdays I'm on the clock from 4 to 10 pm and from 6:30 to 8:30 am the next morning. I'm paid a flat fee for staying overnight in between those blocks, just in someone needs help with something (which is rare). There's a staff room to sleep in and my time is my own, so yeah, I can screw around playing Doom here all night, and then be exhausted when I get home the next day. It's not really worth it.

I will admit that I'm actually at work and on shift while writing this post. The chores are done but it's not quite time for bed. Gaming on shift makes me feel like an asshole so I don't go that far.

Had a great summer job last year as park guard and security of city labor. When things were dead, or when it rained (quite often), I played the shit out of Maximum Doom at the offices.

My old job? Probably. My new job? I don't even want to access Doomworld on those comps. I'm 80% sure they monitor all internet activity... Also I'm pretty busy almost every day of the week.

Well, I'm a translator, and I work at home. In my PC. Every day. I decide my work hours and I decide what I do, when I do it, and how I do it. I play it when I want to. But even then, there's some days (even weeks) where I can't play even 5 minutes. In my job it all depends.

Towards the end of the week we have a lot of downtime at my job so we end up playing lots of games. I've only played Doom a couple times, lately been playing Dungeons of Dredmor and ROTT myself. :)

I work from home a lot of the time, so I have to exercise restraint to not play DOOM while I'm working.

I work for a council (local authority) and have to sign an IT policy saying I won't install stuff on the computers so no, not even in my lunch break. It's never bothered me.

The last few years I was working shifts, and during the night shifts I could whip up my laptop and play Doom/make maps. I wasnt exactly allowed to do it, but no one could find out. I'm not exactly proud to admit that probably around 50% of my mapping the last few years have been done while at work (that equals 10-15 maps) :P

Last year I started school again, so now Im just a part time worker and I always work alongside a collegue, so...no more Doom at work.

I could, but I'm one of those loonies who actually likes his job. Heck, I like work more than Doom lately.