Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hellbent

Kidnapper caught

A few days ago an Amber alert went out to everyone with a cell phone. Now, I assume, thanks to that alert, the perp was shot, killed.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-kidnapping-suspect-killed-by-fbi-hannah-anderson-in-good-shape-20130810,0,5024077.story

DiMaggio was the subject of an intensive manhunt in the wilderness above Cascade, where he had taken Hannah, who had been missing from her San Diego County community since Sunday
DiMaggio had been considered armed and dangerous. Earlier in the day, FBI Special Agent Jason Pack said that danger required officials to send in “highly trained, enhanced SWAT teams and law enforcement” as part of the search.

DiMaggio's blue Nissan Versa — the subject of a five-state Amber Alert — was found Friday roughly 60 miles northeast of Cascade, at a trail head leading into the wilderness.

Ada County sheriff’s spokeswoman Andrea Dearden said it was "the last place you can go before you hit the wilderness and stop driving.”

Much of the terrain is so rugged and remote that some ground search crews had to be flown in Saturday morning. Others took to horseback, while helicopters buzzed overhead.

By Saturday afternoon, roughly 150 FBI officials had combined with local and state officials to amass a force of more than 200 personnel, according to Dearden.

Almost thought this was about that girl that everyone forgot the name of (Think it begins with M) that pops up in the papers every now and then with pointless pictures of what people think she looks like now. I think she's dead though.

WHen I first heard about guy named DiMaggio I instantly thought of the voice actor and "Good Hell, what the fuck did he do now?"

Technician said:

I can't wait until they link him to Al-Qaeda and find questionably search inquiries in his internet search logs.

He was probably wearing a backpack and cooking for himself with a pressure cooker. That cheeky little bastard.

So, my first instinct when I heard of this story was to try to imagine the course of events from the kidnapper's perspective. To betray a family of long-time friends, murdering half of them with aplomb and an Old Testament finesse, and then spiriting away their underage daughter for a wilderness rape-fest... I'm sure I've never felt such a powerful mix of lust, compulsion, hatred and dark satisfaction, topped with a cherry of existential horror as he bled out in the wilderness, leaving behind the worst legacy that anyone possibly can. There's a part of me that wants to know what it was like. Maybe some day I'll find out!

Reminds me of the huge black cop gone rogue who fled into a similar environment and got killed pretty quickly (or did he commit suicide?). So SWAT did their job. Good. Glad the teen survived this prick.

SavageCorona said:

Almost thought this was about that girl that everyone forgot the name of (Think it begins with M) that pops up in the papers every now and then with pointless pictures of what people think she looks like now. I think she's dead though.

People said the same thing about three girls in Cleveland once.

I really hate that something like this is even likely to happen, but I give people about 5 days before they say that DiMaggio was "set up" by the "Illuminati" to "divert people's attention" from the "impending world revolution".

But in all seriousness, I'm glad Hannah got out ok. Wish I could say the same for her mother and brother, though.