Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Canofbacon

Longest MAP01?

Jet1337 said:

Isn't there a wad that combines every Doom 2 level into one map?

Yes, memorial.wad. All Doom 2 maps in MAP01. Very fun to play, actually.

But as Memfis said, Nostrils is veeeeeeeeeeery long. Give it a go!

"Longness" takes a lot of different forms so this is essentially a pissing contest. I guess there might be more a more operational definition of map length we could use, like "longest highly-optimized speed run."

ZDCMP1 ? It is a pretty big map..

Anyway Canofbacon is a troll, he is probably going to take one of those long levels and add stupid bacon texture at the end of it.

Sokoro said:

ZDCMP1 ? It is a pretty big map..

Anyway Canofbacon is a troll, he is probably going to take one of those long levels and add stupid bacon texture at the end of it.

That would be copying someone else's WAD, which I would never do.

Psychophobia has some pretty long levels, it took me like an hour to complete the first level because it was so bloody confusing because I had to keep backtracking to this office place.

Or alternatively, I think anything that uses this square as a base would be incredibly long:

Open it in new tab to see it full size just in case you can't see it. If you can't be bothered, it says 65535x65535, the biggest square Doom Builder can go to. Zandronum won't even open it.

Rizera said:

Yes, memorial.wad. All Doom 2 maps in MAP01. Very fun to play, actually.

I can't find it. :(

Hellbent said:

I can't find it. :(

Memorial thread. Jump to page 3, there's the latest version I think. Be careful, there are several links, the right is the one a few posts after the "said" final one ;) disregard that, all links are http://prboom-plus.sourceforge.net/memorial.zip

EDIT: Although the link works, when I try to open the zip file, it says it's corrupted. It however may be because just now I'm having an incredibly slow internet connection, please let me know if it works for you.

ANOTHER EDIT: Alternative link here: http://www.best-ever.org/wads/

Thank you Scifista! The one you said was corrupt worked just fine. Thanks again. :)

EDIT: It started getting buggy on level 5. I'd shoot but the bullets wouldn't hit anything.

The first attempt in that direction was probably idbest.wad, which combines E1M1 through E1M5. It's not that big, but it's from 1995...

And if you like that sort of thing, check out The Patchwork Empire. It's not all in a single map, but it combines sections from all the IWADs. He also has another wad where he combined the shareware Strife maps into a single DOOM II map, but it needs MBF engine (PrBoom works too).