Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
UltimaDweedleXVers

Bored, where is the best place to learn how to use Doom Builder?

Ive seen a few of the video tutorials but I'm trying to find other sources as well.

I want to try make some technical tech base episode 1 maps but I need some sort of guidance to work with.

Has anyone got a link to a e-book or similar type of medium that holds a Doom Builder guide that has more advanced features than the video tutorials show?

Thanks.

Chubzdoomer also recorded a bunch of video tutorials

LkMax said:

I learned the basics from a guide made by Dr Sleep (the creator of the Inferno series of maps) but I don't remember exactly where I found it.

AKA - John Anderson. It's on the Downloads page, written for Doom Builder 1 (which can be downloaded from the same page) but still a good read.

Edit - Damn! Ninja'd!

thanks guys.

I also think what I'm going to do when building is draw out my map on a gridded pad.. for some reason, this is gonna sound totally mental, but this doom builder 2 feels like I'm building a sims house as the grids are sort of the same.

Does anyone else here build their levels on paper first before making them in doom builder?

Yes I totally do with all of my wads. One time for two years I brainstormed many ideas of a megawad on paper, currently I am building that megawad now.

UltimaDweedleXVers said:

I had a huge laugh though when I botched a door, the whole room went up and down lol

Bwahaha! I remember screwing up on a door once and that happened. Quite hilarious.

I made a playlist of a guy's tutorials
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crLZwPifZ-E&list=PLJnKXZyM-crE6K5F3oLB0RSghmWp9320c&index=1

They're rather slow and easy to follow. I don't know if he's done any more, but he teaches you the basics on how to use pretty much all of the features.

UltimaDweedleXVers said:

I had a huge laugh though when I botched a door, the whole room went up and down lol

I'm pretty sure that's everyone's first door ever.